Cheap Euro bb for a 19mm axle

CurtisRider

I need a cheap 19mm euro bb for a 19mm axle for a students A level project. Annoyingly I have one but I can't find replacement bearings (31x19x15) anywhere! So far I have found them at about £25 but we only need it for demonstrating an E bike project so it will only get used a few times and then put in the shed and forgotten about.... If anybody has a left hand cup and bearing then that is all I need as I found a decent right hand cup and bearing in my parts box!

5 hours ago, CurtisRider said:

I need a cheap 19mm euro bb for a 19mm axle for a students A level project. Annoyingly I have one but I can't find replacement bearings (31x19x15) anywhere! So far I have found them at about £25 but we only need it for demonstrating an E bike project so it will only get used a few times and then put in the shed and forgotten about.... If anybody has a left hand cup and bearing then that is all I need as I found a decent right hand cup and bearing in my parts box!

I have a rather odd 3 piece euro I got with some chrome 24seven cranks I've since given to my mate as a thank you gift, that has four 20mm internal diameter bearings (yes 20mm, the axle is a 19mm 8spline at the crank and then steps up 1mm just to be a PITA), 2 of which are scrap. Anyway point is, this lead me to google dredge forum posts & scour the online industrial bearing places, and whilst I couldn't find a 20mmID (profile do a 20mm, but f*ck £40 for it), gave up and changed tack, what I do remember is finding loads of the bearings you're after, except you need to be looking for a 3/4in ID (19.05mm), not 19.00mm and think laterally. From memory bearings for a 19mm mid BB (but I repeat that the actual size is 3/4in / 19.05mm, not 19.00mm) will fit for example, something i distincly remember pissing me off about this, erm, "unique" 20mm euro BB setup chilling in the cupboard next to me.

EDIT: Just remembered that the ID of all euro BB cups is 31mm (well the cross section of the 5 or so I just measured says I remember right anyway), a fact you only find out when you try and bodge in a 32x20xsomething 24seven BB bearing into a random BB cup cos it only came with one cup...

Sooo, what I would do is;

1) go get the dirtiest cheepy cheap 19mm mid and put the bearings into a euro BB cup 

Or

2) buy something like this x2, and put them side by side to gain the width, slap any old BB cup over the top and thread in one of the bb cups in further. If need be add 1mm of spacer in between the frame and crank arm, though I should have thought with three piece you just do up the preload bolts more, a half mil each side should be no bother.

Edited by CC12345678910