Plastic Fitting, what's it called?!

Tom Booth

I've been racking my brain and up to yet all I've found are plumbing fittings.

I'm after jointing 2 tubes with a fitting i know exists but I can't find it anywhere. It pushes into the pipe, then has the equivalent female shape on the end that's jointing, then bolts through and expands like a rawl plug. Generally get them with flat pack furniture and stuff.

Best tech drawing skillz, ASSEMBLE.

tmp_24983-IMAG22602124235170.jpg

The slim end push fits into the tube, then the mouth on the other end drops around the outside of the 2nd tube.Usually made of nylon or something hard wearing. So TF, what are they called?!

I know exactly what you're talking about, and it's bugging me that I can't find them either. I'd call them a 'saddle' and so does this american company, but I can't seem to find anything UK based selling them at all.

http://www.air-techinc.com/topic_list_no_cats.php?ptid=54&pmid=14

(Edit: I know they're not push in ones, but they'd do the same job combined with a square ended threaded fitting.)

I haven't started the project yet, so unsure of sizes but it'll be around a 1" OD tubing.

They've gotta be a bolt together fitting really to support a bit of weight. All I can find though is plumbers fittings or poxy push click stuff.

9 minutes ago, Tom Booth said:

I haven't started the project yet, so unsure of sizes but it'll be around a 1" OD tubing.

They've gotta be a bolt together fitting really to support a bit of weight. All I can find though is plumbers fittings or poxy push click stuff.

its a radius tube connector, I think i.e: http://www.essentracomponents.co.za/radius-tube-connectors

• Like 1