Ali C Vlog

Dman

Why would it be too much to do? James B is in another country, be quite hard to join forces, pretty sure ali could make sweet how to vids, its something id like to see. 

Yeah, probably not possible. I would love to actually have someone to ride and film with. I feel like my video quality, and the number of them, would go up like crazy. 90% of my filming is me and a tripod. And 95% of my riding is alone now that I'm not riding Joyride150 all the time. Having another stoked rider would be super motivating.

Liking the Vlogs Ali. I considered doing them, but I felt like too big a dork just filming my how-tos. Hard to watch yourself speak eh?

Edited by jamesb
  • Like 3

some repetition going.

And some reputation? You've got it already but may it be possible to make some more money of it if those videos get a million views? Has happened with so many people on youtube. 

At this point in my riding I'm looking at ways to actually earn a decent living, I'm getting a little tired at 32 and not being able to afford my own flat/house, not being able to go on holiday with my GF and not really being able to afford a vehicle. It'd be nice if the vlogs got popular enough to earn some rewards from but even if that doesn't happen I'm finding them positive in that they're making me ride more and think about different ways to do things. I feel my confidence has come on loads and instead of being kept awake worrying what I'm doing with my life I'm now kept awake because I'm too excited about ideas I get.

I'm now editing together vlog number 4 which I think will be shorter and more riding based.

• Like 5

I think number 3 could've been shorter. I noticed that a lot of vlogs on Youtube are quite long and that part of the appeal is having less tightly edited, more natural seeming videos, but even so personally I'd only want to watch 10 minutes or so.

If you're looking to really try to boost the views etc you could consider the whole branding side. "Ali C" is quite catchy, so you could exclusively use that rather than your full name. Also some kind of logo/graphics to go with the channel/any other social media would be a nice touch. Also - if you don't already - take a look at some of the more prominent BMX channels like Harry Main's, Adam LZs, Boqer, etc, and see what's getting the high view counts for them.

Anyway I think there's a lot of mileage in this because there aren't many trials-related vlogs that stand out, and being in the position you are puts you at the forefront of the more exciting side of the sport.

Yeah that one was quite long, I really don't think longer videos suite older riders like us but I think younger riders brought up on youtube are still likely to watch half hour long ones.

The name thing I wanted to change away from Ali C and have it closer to my actual name so that I'm not confused with certain film characters and that if anyone wants to find me it's more likely to come up as me in searches.

I did get some work done by a graphic designer but they weren't "me", it's something I'll look at again at some point but from looking at other's vlogs it seems it's not 100% needed

Yeah that one was quite long, I really don't think longer videos suite older riders like us but I think younger riders brought up on youtube are still likely to watch half hour long ones.

True, although if the editing's a little tighter/QC's a little higher then I suppose you'll still get the same younger riders watching but will also get some older riders? 

after all my issues getting gopro studio to work and having over 30 hours spent editing footage after all the crashing I just wanted it finished so I let the quality control slip a little.

Having said that, I'm editing this weekends footage and missing quite a bit out and it's already over 15 mins long!

after all my issues getting gopro studio to work and having over 30 hours spent editing footage after all the crashing

I was really anxious to see this footage when you said that it happened but it never showed in the video. Very disappointing. Not that I want to see you hurt yourself but like in your second or first vid, it gives more of an insight than just the made stunts.

I quite liked the third one, didn't feel it was too long at all. Have never heard of vlog before this, will probably never watch another one. Looks like some great nature up there, you guys work hard doing demos all the time.

looking forward to the one with Mark wwwww

Edited by AndyT

What is it with you and wanting to see crashes?

f**king weirdo.

Not the really bad ones like in BMX videos but all I see of Ali and Danny for example are the edited videos. I really enjoy the outtakes Danny has published as it shows how hard it really is or the long way to finally stand a trick. Nothing weird for me I think.

In my blog I have some crashes as well and am happy to have captured them on video.

Good work Ali, really liked those :)

Well done for giving it a go too, first try must have been a bit scary but you seem confident and come across great in them.

I've wanted to do something like this for a few years now, more comp/roadtrip and Demo's based, but never had the confidence to do it and keep making exuses to not do one!
I made 1 a few years ago, but ended up editing it too much so it was more like a long riding vid and I also done it at the last comp of the year, so had nothing to follow it up wth for about 5 months haha.

Looking forward to more! (Are you going to Dressler camp this year?)