Inspired hex 2016

gage-mann

Been sorting parts out since January and managed to get the frame as the last part of the puzzle but rode around with the parts collecting up on another bike

Here is the Carrera Vulcan with the first parts

image.jpeg

Here it is with according parts to the bike as I rode it round for months while paying for all the hope stuff mainly

image.jpeg

This is it a week before I swapped the frame and fork for the new

image.jpeg

Basically about how I want it now I have the frame and fork but may sway the cranks for some shorter hope ones with neater bash

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

On 7 June 2016 at 11:31 AM, Filo said:

Same colour combo as my hex. So naturally I'm going to say it looks good.

The blue and purple work very well together.

Haha your right though the colours do go, I wasn't so sure at first but after getting the frame in front of me I decided not to strip it to raw. 

Yours looks a more trialsy set up, is that a 110mm stem? I'm just needing hope cranks to set mine off now I think, my chainring was catching and had to be spaced over a lot.

I felt the same. Then I figured why not. I'm really happy how it turned out. Im a little disappointed that I'm not using the blue forks. They look heaps better.

I can't  use them because I need a long steer tube. That why the long stem. Yes it's a 110mm stem, I found them to be the perfect combination between street and trials on the hex.

Im fairly tall so need the higher set up.

as for the hope cranks, I feel that there a little narrow in the frame( my personal opinion). There a really nice crank set, with the inspired bash it's a perfect fit. I don't know if you have seen how they mount, just a bit tricky compared to most cranks.

3 hours ago, Filo said:

As for the hope cranks, I feel that there a little narrow in the frame( my personal opinion). There a really nice crank set, with the inspired bash it's a perfect fit. I don't know if you have seen how they mount, just a bit tricky compared to most cranks.

Yeah, they are pretty narrow. I bought a set for my Arcade when they were fairly new out and they clear the chainstays stationary, but not always when under load because there seems to be a fair bit of sideways flex. I definitely agree with them being a bit of a faff to install too.

I don't suppose you've had any issues with snapped axles? I've snapped two of them; one on the splined tabs at the end and one randomly in the middle... I'm not going to complain though, I'm a heavy lad and not particularly smooth :tongue:

10 hours ago, Filo said:

I can't  use them because I need a long steer tube. That why the long stem. Yes it's a 110mm stem, I found them to be the perfect combination between street and trials on the hex.

Im fairly tall so need the higher set up.

as for the hope cranks, I feel that there a little narrow in the frame( my personal opinion). There a really nice crank set, with the inspired bash it's a perfect fit. I don't know if you have seen how they mount, just a bit tricky compared to most cranks.

Alright sound, I built this in mind for more street riding being a bigger than a 24 plus wanted a dramatic change from the hoppy bikes I've rode for years. How tall are like? I'm 6'1

cranks are narrow as in clearance on the chainstays/seatstays? How do you mean when you say tough to mount? 

7 hours ago, onzatpro09 said:

Yeah, they are pretty narrow. I bought a set for my Arcade when they were fairly new out and they clear the chainstays stationary, but not always when under load because there seems to be a fair bit of sideways flex. I definitely agree with them being a bit of a faff to install too.

I don't suppose you've had any issues with snapped axles? I've snapped two of them; one on the splined tabs at the end and one randomly in the middle... I'm not going to complain though, I'm a heavy lad and not particularly smooth :tongue:

Thanks for the heads up on the axles.

Im also a big dude. I weigh in at 117kg. I learnt to be smooth after breaking heaps of stuff.

see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21 August 2016 at 4:13 PM, Rusevelt said:

You wasn't tempted to run Conti's or would there be tyre clearance issues?

Seriously pimp never the less...

Which continental tyres do you mean? 

Thanks for the comments 

Edited by gage-mann

I went for the Holy Rollers on my Hex, but I opted for the 2.2 on the front. Really though it's not much smaller than the 2.4. Shame they don't do a 2.0, but I'm a bit old school like that.

Arcade bars look good, hoping to pick up the same, just can't get on with the Trialtech bars for street riding.