Demo opportunity - Netley Marsh steam & crafts show.

JJ Leigh

Evening all :)

To all fanatical about trials, you could be able to have 3 days of demo riding fully paid for, and who knows maybe the chance to be on TV!

Netley Marsh steam & craft show is exactly what I'm talking about of course since it's getting very near that time of year now! Located in the heart of the New Forest, easiest way to find it is here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/netley+marsh+craft+show/@50.9014991,-1.8269505,10z/data=!3m1!4b1         Postcode -  SO40 7GY

We are looking for trials riders to come and take part in our arena again this year and ride a whole new, MUCH more revised riding setup too! Since we had incredible feedback from last years venue, from organisers and spectators we are hopefully going to stay up there as one of the big hits of the show this year (2nd most popular event during the entire show last year!)

The event runs for 3 days starting Friday 22nd of July, untill Sunday the 24th of July 2016. You will have FREE entry to the entire show, not just our demo riding area so should you wish to bring friends and family along be our guest! It's a great environment for families and people of ALL ages too. Vehicle passes again will be free, plus free camping on site too for all nights (adds up to around £28 worth so far, completely free)

It's the shows 45th anniversary this year too so for sure we are expecting big crowds, let alone the 25,000 or so people on average daily last year. So no pressure ;)

Rider requirements - don't be a kn**b!

Any age, ability, riding style (trials) is welcome as there will be plenty of different things to ride. Streety stuff will be there for sure, however it will be very much "pure trials based" but since we can make LITERALLY whatever we want to ride with virtually no limitations, get you're ideas in and we'll see what we can make! Of course there will be involvement with the crowd, bunny hop comps, kicker comp ect ect, so If we have access to diggers, cranes and lorries and infinite pallets, boxes and cable drums, I'm sure we'll have no issue making pretty awesome stuff to ride! Rolling cable drums last year were pretty damn fun... plus we are expecting our biggest arena too this year, so plenty of space!

We have a limit of around 15 - 20 riders at the moment max (could change) but since Its a charity event we can't really have much more than that!

Will be accepting riders on a first come first serve basis, so sooner rather than later and we'll get you in!

How to get started? All I'll need is

- Full name

-full current address

-date of birth

-Licence plates for vehicles you wish to bring to the venue

All of the above are required if you wish to attend simply for insurances purposes. All information will be sent to the organisers of the show and won't be given to 3rd parties.

If you're interested or want to know more, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me! :)

You'll have free inner tubes too (20" + 24" + 26") so don't be afraid to bash like hell and go big!

Last year was pretty popular so I look forward to hearing you're comments and replies!

Cheers :)

Edited by JJ Leigh

3 hours ago, craigjames said:

I imagine when he says "fully paid for", he's referring to the admission and camping to the event and no fact you'd get paid for riding.

So in answer to your question... diddly squat?!

thats exactlly right :)

I'm sure we could sort out some Kitkat chunky's as a form of payment though.

• Like 1

It always bothers me when commercial (as in it makes a profit) event organisers expect people to contribute to their show for free, or for passes/tickets which don't actually really cost them anything. Further, if you ride for free at a commercial event then you're undermining trials in general, since once of the ways trials riders can make money is by riding for a demo team. If events get riders for free, and have the expectation that a trials display will not cost them, then why would they ever pay?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Joe Papasnap Maher said:

If I was 15, I'm sure this would sound great and appealing but being some one who actually tries to make a living doing shows at events exactly like this.. This is an embarrassment.

I doubt Ken Fox is there because he gets free entry. 

25 minutes ago, Tony Harrison said:

It always bothers me when commercial (as in it makes a profit) event organisers expect people to contribute to their show for free, or for passes/tickets which don't actually really cost them anything. Further, if you ride for free at a commercial event then you're undermining trials in general, since once of the ways trials riders can make money is by riding for a demo team. If events get riders for free, and have the expectation that a trials display will not cost them, then why would they ever pay?

Those are pretty dickish ways of thinking about it if I'm honest, but I can't be bothered to argue more so I'll leave it as that. 

It's a charity event, so just riding for a bit of fun and even without the riding to just enjoy the atmosphere and have a laugh. It doesn't have to be a "full on" style thing or the next flippin radfest.  

calm your nipples gentlemen, taking it way too seriously for no reason haha

• Like 1

Ian has hit it bang on the head. 

Are you not arguing your case because your full on wrong? 

Just because it's a charity, why should they not have to pay? Do know how many charity events I've been to and been paid. Why is your steam fair any different? Is Ken Fox being paid? I'd the dog act being paid? Are the caterers being paid? Everyone is offering a service, big or small. Everything has a price. 

People like you ruin it for the rest us. Trials teams now are charging so little, to the point where it's almost non profitable because stupid naive people think we work for free. 

Don't bother with your argument.. Your wrong. 

• Like 1

Calm down guys, 

fair play on the comments but they've been pretty harsh on him, it's not really putting a bad name on demo teams of some locals want to do a show once a year and have a bit of fun, that's what it should be though kept between the locals and not offered as a "demo opportunity" I agree. 

These guys want to ride for a few days and enjoy themselves and attract some people to see them ride then they can? 

Forums all for shooting people down these days :unsure:

• Like 3

I can see how as a business owner, if someone is offering an albeit lesser quality , but very similar version of your product; for free, that you would feel that it was devaluing your product and therefore lowering the value to all that make a living from it.

Edited by craigjames
  • Like 2

That's not how this thread came across to me at all, it was worded to sound as if you was getting paid, you wasn't and it took ages to find that out. 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Papasnap Maher said:

Ian has hit it bang on the head. 

Are you not arguing your case because your full on wrong? 

Just because it's a charity, why should they not have to pay? Do know how many charity events I've been to and been paid. Why is your steam fair any different? Is Ken Fox being paid? I'd the dog act being paid? Are the caterers being paid? Everyone is offering a service, big or small. Everything has a price. 

People like you ruin it for the rest us. Trials teams now are charging so little, to the point where it's almost non profitable because stupid naive people think we work for free. 

Don't bother with your argument.. Your wrong. 

haha jeez man, you seriously have it all wrong here. 

its a "hey, wanna come ride here and bring some riders along? you are more than welcome to" and even if it wasnt, your still making no sense at all. Stop crying about it its okay....

I agree "demo opportunity" could certainly sound exactly like a proper paid demo, so perhaps I should just take out that bit or something? its litterally no different from a group of friends turning up to a city to go and ride, I don't think you seem to understand the actual simplicity of this. 

43 minutes ago, Dman said:

That's not how this thread came across to me at all, it was worded to sound as if you was getting paid, you wasn't and it took ages to find that out. 

Well sorry you had to presume money was involved, i suppose thats a good way to initiate with subjects (Y)

Well if i said NOTHING about pay yet went into detail about other things, surely its not hard to realise there is no money involved? c'mon dude, get the brain in gear. 

Since this is getting nowhere now, I'll resort back to the much more sucsessfull and deffinetley non-anger and non-confusion related facebook post instead. 

Back on topic; If anybody still fancies turning up, feel free to PM me :) 

Cheers!