Demo opportunity - Netley Marsh steam & crafts show.

JJ Leigh

I only go to Netley ironically.

and to get f**ked up with Jordans dad and his best mate, Pete.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MY THIRD YEAR OF STEAM, CRAFTS, TORQUE AND FERRET SHOWS

@dannymac will there be a pa system and mic this year? I've got some bars to spit.

Edited by ItsMatt
  • Like 3

On 6/16/2016 at 10:34 PM, JJ Leigh said:

Evening all :)

To all fanatical about trials, you could be able to have 3 days of demo riding fully paid for ...

17 hours ago, JJ Leigh said:

Well sorry you had to presume money was involved, i suppose thats a good way to initiate with subjects (Y)

Or not a good way, as the case may be...

• Like 2

C'mon guys. This is simple.

An opportunity to ride in front of an audience is being offered, with expenses outside of that riding being covered for those interested. 

Is it undercutting the demo teams/riders out there? Yes. Is it likely the show would have found a budget for said demo teams/riders if these guys weren't doing it? No. (Could the whole thing have been handled a f**kton better than it has been by JJ? Yes)

There will always be people willing to do what you do for less. It happens in my industry constantly, because anyone with a computer and the bollocks can say they're an expert. My job, as is the job of the demo teams/riders, is to show that they are worth the cost over those who are able or willing to do it for free or close to. If we don't manage that, we don't get the gig. Simple.

Maybe if you want to ride at the show @Joe Papasnap Maher, you should approach them with your proposal for 2017. If not, maybe just get the f**k out of a well meaning topic that might allow less experienced riders with some aspirations the opportunity to pad out their demo CV?

• Like 3

I've had enough, right or wrong I'm not going to reply, this forum is more pathetic than the idea of feminism with regards to pointless anger and bulls**t. 

Will only read comments, if anyone wants to ride PM me or let me know on here, cheers! 

Edited by JJ Leigh

Simple explanations for the uneducated amongst us

What you are doing young Jordan, is not demo riding. It's a riding spot that happens to be at a craft fair, and you an your chums  are getting it for free because the organisers think it'll bring more people through the gate. Purely for profit. It's much like it was when myself, Andeee, thinkdougie and another lad rode at winterton show near us. 

What @Joe Papasnap Maher, Ian Drummond, Joe prattley, danny butler, Ben savage etc do and charge for, is proper demo riding and putting on a show/entertaining the crowd. They get the crowd involved, and therefore have to have public liability insurance  in case somebody gets hurt. I seriously doubt if something happens, the top guy will put his ass on the line for you, and that's why you can't call yourself demo riders. You are just riding for fun, with a few people watching, much like a street ride. And they guy is charging people to watch and you are getting f**k all for it apart from free entry

Chandler  

Edited by bing
  • Like 2