Clean - Rusty

Mark W

When I moved back to Preston last year I went on a few rides with Ali, Aaron, Ben and Flipp and was trying to get back into filming.  As a result some of the filming is this is a little sketchy, but hey ho.  For the record, the gap to 'already in trackstand mode m8' Ali does at Lee Quarry fairly early on wins.

• Like 11

f**ks sake, cant watch on big screen as Vimeo app stopped working on certain TV's after an update. Get it on YouTube. I been uploading to the tube not had any problems with music. I will be back to comment soon.

great video! 

great riding all round.. some really smooth lines being done in there for sure. i wish my mind worked in such an inspired way... the likes of aaron and ali seem to put a beautiful flare on what would normally be a simple move, makes riding so much more interesting.

flipp is unreal, couldn't even fathom the amount of time and effort that he must have put in to get to such an incredible level brakeless. 

top job @Mark W thanks for the inspiration.

1 hour ago, JD™ said:

What a surprise, your 'rusty' production is better than 99% of videos that get released. Great work as always, and loved the songs as always.

Cheers dude :) Was it you who recommended the "Discover Weekly" thing on Spotify recently on Facebook?

In semi-related news, this is how rusty the 'Rusty' thing is now thanks to how long it took me to make the video:

13510726.jpg

Originally did it with a shiny new bit of steel, some water and some rock salt, but once I got the intro bit sorted I cleaned it off and left it.  As you can see, it's been a while...

• Like 1

@Mark W Excellent as always, you needed a feature your riding is so smooth from what I've seen on a few recent rides, it needs to be seen.

For me stand out lines are

@STUNTMAN TERRY Line at 1.53

@Ali C Natural line at 2.58

@ben_travis Line at 4.32

@aener Line at 5.32

All really good riding and use of spots though. 

I'd like a longer one featuring more riders?

• Like 4

Everything was awesome!:o

I've just come back from a French Contest of Street Trial (spectator). I have eaten footjam whip at breakfast, double footjam whip at lunch, and every other boring stuff at dinner... 

Was a bit lost sunday, so I decided to just watch them instead of doing contest and get into things I don't like/do. Strange feeling about this contest concept. 

Why am I saying that ? Because THAT video give me back the faith into the real hidden power of what True street trial is. :D

There is clearly 2 schools of street trial. SuperTricky and trialsy. 

I might sound rude but SuperTrickyCurb guys on 24" are here just because they are not good enough on a BMX to have views or any form of gratitude...

This video and iolo cook one show the right direction of this sport. Truly inspirational.

I loved every lines in it. Clean videos motivate to ride so much! Thanks for being so mind blowing!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Shub_Step said:

Trust me... you don't want to see it

Is that the comp where it was only really TMS riders who were allowed to enter?  If so, their team all has a pretty similar style so that might explain that a little.  That said, the 'French' style of street trials seems to be diverging more from the 'UK' style of street trials these days.

• Like 4

Jeeeeez.... I thought Ali's section made it the best video ever, then flipps just made my mind explode. Inhuman shredder, the kick bike out/ feet on wall/ feet back on bike after 7 foot drop oooof

solid 8/10, if you had 30 or 40 slow motion drone shots I'd give it a 10/10... You should know this as a pro filmographer man...

• Like 2

Brilliant Ali at Lee mill some of the stuff is massive on a long comp bike im not sure how he was doing it on the inspired. The line at 3:09 180 is actually for motos as i ride up their quite abit... Very impressed

Edit i wrote this before flips section that boys on another level.

Edited by i like cunning stunts

2 hours ago, Mark W said:

Is that the comp where it was only really TMS riders who were allowed to enter?  If so, their team all has a pretty similar style so that might explain that a little.  That said, the 'French' style of street trials seems to be diverging more from the 'UK' style of street trials these days.

Exactly...

I was an amator non-sponsored inspired arcade guy between 10 sponsored TMS guy...

Weird feeling to be part of.

Guys please adopt me. Aha 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, i like cunning stunts said:

Brilliant Ali at Lee mill some of the stuff is massive on a long comp bike im not sure how he was doing it on the inspired. The line at 3:09 180 is actually for motos as i ride up their quite abit... Very impressed

Edit i wrote this before flips section that boys on another level.

Are you sure that section is for motorbikes, I thought they weren't allowed on there, not that it would stop me, I thought your only really allowed on cowm round there. Only asking as I have a motorcycle trial. Do you ride moto's?

18 minutes ago, Shub_Step said:

Exactly...

I was an amator non-sponsored inspired arcade guy between 10 sponsored TMS guy...

Weird feeling to be part of.

Guys please adopt me. Aha 

You know where we are ;)

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

Are you sure that section is for motorbikes, I thought they weren't allowed on there, not that it would stop me, I thought your only really allowed on cowm round there. Only asking as I have a motorcycle trial. Do you ride moto's?

I've seen a bunch of motorbike prints on that slab, plus on some of the other top sections too.  Kind of works in our favour as the little rut at the bottom of the run-in for that slab has been opened up by the wider tyres, so it makes it a bit less sketchy on the way in/out of it.

• Like 3

They had a load of issues a few years back of chav pricks joyriding cars up there, and I think they had to clamp down on all motorised stuff up there just to make sure that they were still allowed access.

They've since made some council funding cuts, and so the service that maintains/provides access to Lee Quarry is being killed off.  The process apparently started this April, and will end in 2018, but with the landslide they had on the access road to the quarry I'm guessing that's probably the beginning of the end.  Not sure if it means they'll completely close it off or just leave it as-is and just not do any more work on it, but we'll see.