Rockman Liberté red *Now built*

niconj

So I've got a Liberté from Abel who closes his shop. It cost so little that I couldn't say no. I will build it up in the next couple of weeks. It won't be a very light build as I plan on running the old Echo SL double wall rims and a "Der Kaiser" on the rear. I will probably go for the black rims.

It's a budget build as most of the parts I still have from previous bikes. I don't know how the wheelbase will be. Rockman states it as 1090 but I can't find out what fork they've used. With the 30mm rake of the Trialtech forks it could also be 1080mm only which I'm really hoping to get. :) BB is +55, -20mm to my Gabbro.

Spec will be as follows:

Frame: Rockman Liberté

Forks: Trialtech SL V2

Stem: Trialtech 130x25°

Handlebar: Trialtech SL Carbon w/ Ritchey true grips

Headset: KCNC KHS-PT1767D

Pedals: Wellgo MG1 (will go for Nukeproof in due time)

Cranks: TryAll ISIS 170mm w/ Neon Bash

BB: VP Components (It's the one Jitsie relabeled)

Freewheel: Tr1Al 72clicks

Chain: KMC z610HX

Front wheel (Echo HUB and old Style Echo SL rim, Sapim Race spokes and Sapim Polyax nipples)

Rear wheel (Trialtech M10 hub and old Style Echo SL rim, Sapim Race spokes and Sapim Polyax nipples)

Tyres: Monty Pro Race V2 rear, TryAll Shift on the front

Front brake: Racing Line Nano body with Trialtech Lever and Magura Slaves

Rear brake: Racing Line body with Trialtech Lever and Magura Slaves

Pads will probably be the Trialtech ones as I always had a very good brake performance with them on an Echo TR rim.

IMG_20160630_182616.jpg

20160628_123214.jpg

Edited by niconj

lol

Pretty much what I'll be building. :) Dunno about the silver rims though. I'll take the black ones. Black hubs, spokes and rims + red sapim polyax nipples.

Is this yours @isitafox? I thought you were riding disc on the front. Do you happen to have more pictures of it? What are these forks?

Edited by niconj

1 hour ago, isitafox said:

Swapped to rim brake, gave up searching for some Trialtech forks and picked up these Rockman Spades off Scott Wilson who did the graphics. Might have more pics, will check... 

Now it's near to impossible to get Rockman Spades in black. Will get my Trialtech SLs by Wednesday. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Laced up the wheel and put everything together. I haven't decided on the steerer length yet so I left it uncut. Probably will go down a bit. Same about the stem length. I got an 150x30 still so if the 130x25 don't work out...

Weight is arount 9.3kg I think. Haven't weighed it yet.

edit: Just weighed it. It's 9.1kg.

28566595925_e15e8182aa_z.jpgLiberté¹ by niconj, auf Flickr

28534007616_db2e4b635b_z.jpgLiberté² by niconj, auf Flickr

28488350911_f408d5bb07_z.jpgLiberté³ by niconj, auf Flickr

Edited by niconj

• 4 weeks later...

I had to get a different bash as the Neon would bend to easily. I also got an Echo TR 150x30 stem and the Trialtech fluid + hoses for the brakes. The clear hoses are a blessing but also a pain in the ass. After the first time I bled my brakes I put everything back together and pulled the lever a couple of times only to realize that there was still a tiny bit of air inside the hose. I had to rebleed the brakes a couple of times more to really be satisfied. The bite point didn't change and I dare say that I wouldn't have realized and cared with the normal black hoses ("What the eyes don't see, the heart doesn't feel").

I also got rid of the Trialtech lever blades as they are too long so that the bite point becomes mushy. On the right I got a 3 finger Racing Line lever and am still looking for one for the left hand side.

28531726733_91a5293c06_z.jpgLiberté¹ by niconj, auf Flickr

29117425606_89c23da318_z.jpgLiberté² by niconj, auf Flickr

29117406986_5ba9d17fd6_z.jpgLiberté³ by niconj, auf Flickr

28528753204_e81bd277b4_z.jpgLiberté⁴ by niconj, auf Flickr

Edited by niconj
  • Like 1