Arcade RE-Vinyl Wrap

nicolasp1405

So I decided that my arcade needed a bit of a refreshement, again...

Here's how it looks as of today:

thumbnail_IMG_4284.jpg

_________

I'm still in the process of choosing the next color.

I can do pretty much any color they have: vvivid Vinyls

Here are a few of my favorites:

What do you guys think?

Smurf Blue  (RIVIERA PORSCHE GT3 BLUE)                                                                                      Liquid Metal Aqua Blue

smurf_blue_gloss_vinyl_wrap_vvivid_1024x1024.jpg                                                          aqua_blue_liquid_metal_1024x1024.jpg

Slate Grey (Grigrio Telesto)                                                                                                                  Satin Chrome Emerald Dark Green

slate_grey_vinyl_wrap_vvivid_film_porsche_gt3_1024x1024.jpg                                                          satin_chrome_dark_green2_1024x1024.jpg

Liquid Metal Blue                                                                                                                                Grey Marble

Liquid_Metal_Blue_1024x1024.jpg                                                          static_square_whitegrey_marble_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by nicolasp1405
  • Like 2

So I decided to go with Smurf Blue since the printing on the marble one seemed a bit off...

image.jpeg

so prior to install the new wrap, I had to Take off the old one... Which was a bit challenging.

Firstly, here's what over a year of usage looks like (not super extreme riding)

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

and the takeoff Process began...

image.jpeg

ALL OFF, back to Black!

image.jpeg

and good memories...

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ben_travis said:

Out of interest, do you buy this vinyl direct from VviVid? or somewhere else? How much do you use for the frame & fork and what is the cost?

Normally you have to order from them by Internet, but I got lucky and one of their office happens to be near where I live.. So I just walk in and buy their directly...

They sell by 5feet to which ever length you desired.. Ex 1ft X 5ft, 2ft X 5ft.. I took 2x5  the last time and this time again and it is plently enough.. You'd probably be able to redo the whole bike if you messed up something to be honest...

For the cost, it's about 10$ (5.81GBP) for 1ft x 5ft and double the price for 2ft X 5ft and so on... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

I didn't realise there were so many joint lines from previous pictures, I couldn't live with that.

yeah, I didnt take the time to make perfect shapes to fill the joints with a single piece of vinyl, this time though, I will make it way better!

• Like 1

As it is the only thing letting it down is the orange conti logos, I wish they would go white lettering or stealth with just black raised logo. Don't try and remove the conti signs, I tried you just end up with a big orange rectangle.

17 hours ago, Dman said:

end up with a big orange rectangle.

I took isopropanol for removing the yellow Maxxis letters on my tire. Rubbed it in with a cloth for about 10 minutes and the logo slowly disappeared. Haven't tried it on a Conti tire yet.

On 7/21/2016 at 1:26 PM, Dman said:

As it is the only thing letting it down is the orange conti logos, I wish they would go white lettering or stealth with just black raised logo. Don't try and remove the conti signs, I tried you just end up with a big orange rectangle.

What did you use Karl? 

Tried a couple of things, isopropyl alcohol, white spirit and rubbing like mad, where the lettering is you can see a rectangle, when I started I thought the letters would just go but the orange is a big rectangle and the black was just coming off leaving a big orange rectangle. I tried it on an old tyre the bead was ripped on.