Comments for 2017 competition

kevind

On 27/10/2016 at 4:59 PM, TheChai said:

Mark, 

Kevin is trying to keep to topic, I would want this raised as part of the discussion in AGM, which has already been noted. Don't really understand why you are pushing.

When it suits him, yes...  Regarding this, it was because a simple explanation was all that would have been needed.  It would have clarified it straight away and it would have been kept on topic, rather than the cloak and dagger stuff.  As a result of mentioning it, Barbara kindly provided a wealth of info about the status with BC which has cleared that all up.  Now that's out in the open, it's easier to work out what to do next.  Transparency helps every time, rather than just trying to make things appear all secretive for no reason whatsoever.  If it's only raised in the AGM it also means it's just within those 4 walls, so for people who can't make it it doesn't seem particularly fair as it's already been mentioned here.  By just giving a straight forward explanation before hand it also means that time isn't wasted at the AGM having to explain it there, and plans can be made for how to deal with it in future rather than having to wait, find out what the score is then go from there.

On 27/10/2016 at 10:54 PM, BikeTrial Federation said:

For very brief information...

Cheers for that Barbara, it's always been something I've been interested by but that's the first clear summary of it.  Thanks (Y)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

Whats stopping someone from putting a few rolls of tape on some rocks and setting a date on social media? 

tape, rocks, date and a camera is all you need really.

2 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Because dinosaurs cant use facebook, what with having such small arms.

#Toasted

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

Whats stopping someone from putting a few rolls of tape on some rocks and setting a date on social media? 

tape, rocks, date and a camera is all you need really.

I was actually thinking along those lines and agree with you. take it a step further and we all do it in our gardens, then the travel issues go away, everybody will be clean and Mark  will need somebody else to try and have fun with.  Guess I don't do well with the keyboard warriors and my violin is much bigger. I don't do social media does that make me a dinosaur and have wee arms.   Mark ready for your reply?

Edited by kevind

• 1 month later...

Sorry for sounding stupid here but I am hoping to come over and compete in at least a round next year but what's the story with licences.do you need one or is it just a one day for insurance? 

Cycling ireland didn't even know what trials was till I rang a few months ago asking about an international licence.

Sorry for sounding stupid here but I am hoping to come over and compete in at least a round next year but what's the story with licences.do you need one or is it just a one day for insurance? 

Cycling ireland didn't even know what trials was till I rang a few months ago asking about an international licence.

Seaine, if its a British round then you can just enter and pay on line at the Bike trial Federation website. (No licence) If its a club round, if you are only doing one round then you can get a day membership on the day. Just pre enter at the respective  clubs contact details. its easy! Wouldn't worry about cycling Ireland, all the national bodies no nothing about trials. But the Scottish one is coming to understand the benefits of trials. See you this year.