Looking to start trials in Scotland.

Bobington07

I started mountain biking earlier this year and love it. Really interested in starting out trials as well, is there any reason not to try learning both at the same time?

Definitely made a lot of progress since I started riding, but still got a long way to go. Not sure if I might be better concentrating my time on one first.

Seen this bike though for what I think is a good price, any advice regarding it? I know if I get a trials bike I'd want a saddle and so far only seen Inspired and Onza with them.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/onza-zoot-trials-bike/1187940952

For £200 it's worth the punt. I don't see any reason why you should not learn to do mtb and trials at the same time, they have alot of complimentary skills, you only have to look at Chris akrigg videos. It's only a matter of having the time on your hands. I prefer riding trials when I only have a few hrs to spare, mtb is for weekend when I can get out for a full day. Can't comment on the zoot, never ridden one but alot of folks seem to use them as start out bikes before going onto better.

• 1 month later...

There is the Scottish bike trials club, and depending where you are there are a few very easy going barn sessions each week. Good to ride with others and its indoor at this time of year. Mostly beginners at theses sessions as well, with people to help and advise.