Inspired Arcade 2016

CalopS

This is my new build. New frame, forks and a few stan ti bolts but everything else is transferred over from my Console.

Obviously needs the forks chopping down when I've figured out where it needs trimming to. I'll be getting some fresh tyres soon too!

But here it is....

20160924-_MG_3732.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, niconj said:

Fresh tires? They don't look too used.

That's true they don't look that worn down. The grip is fine but there is a lot of cuts in them that glass collects in.

I'd say in about 5 of the last 7 rides I've had a slow puncture.

Not on the last couple of rides though so might see how much longer I can use them for.

• 1 month later...

I got to see this the other day and the colour of the frame is actually a lot better than I first though (seemingly this happened pretty much every time with inspired colours). The forks let this one down being blue these need to be sanded and painted in my eyes. 

It felt nicer to ride than I remembered even though I didn't even like his stem so I think one of these is on my things to do list. 

Edit: I think that I have had some kind of lapse here but I am sure the forks on this bike was Concole blue when we rode @CalopS

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 1

On 02/11/2016 at 9:04 PM, niconj said:

Just wondering. Why aren't the forks the same color as the frame? It was so on the older Arcades.

To be fair I quite like the black forks as a change for Inspired. 

I would have probably sold these as a frame only or frame kit (including matching forks) so you did get a choice of matching/ mismatched although I like this new tact for Inspired to try and keep the costs down for the customer. It'll bring bigger batches of forks and simplify for future frames.  

• Like 1