Inspired Fourplay 2012

niconj

Got it so cheap I cannot believe it's true. The guy bought it three years ago and rode it for like 5 times. There's not even a scratch. Somehow he managed to break the front brake but as I'm going to ride the MT5s anyways, I don't care.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the bars in a different color for the price I paid (half of the Arcades) but I don't really care. I took it on a short ride today and was impressed on how easy bunny hops are even after not having done them for three years. Not that I can jump very high (50cm to rear). I tried to manual as well and I think I will be able to do this consistently by the end of this year.

30092426841_5c77c4a1a4_c.jpgIMG_20161007_182030 by niconj, auf Flickr

30092418671_c74bd9fc38_c.jpgIMG_20161007_182040 by niconj, auf Flickr

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Dman said:

Bars are just preference really, i used to run mine more forward, but the last year or so,i have them inline with headtube.

Cool. Thanks. I think mine are almost at this angle. Another question I have. I see Ali riding without his finger on the brake lever (at least for the front). Is it even possible to do a run up jump and then in mid air put the finger on the lever for the up to front?

47 minutes ago, Ali C said:

that's just an odd habit I have. I like to hold deathgrip where possible so often I have to reach for the brake mid move. I normally cover the brake for up-to-fronts though, it's tricky to get the finger out fast enough.

Thanks. So I will go on holding onto the lever. I rode the 4play yesterday and as it doesn't have a front brake yet, it was kinda weird not having one finger out, weird in a good way though. I really like the front wheel spinning fast after a bunny hop. :) If I have a front brake, its closed as soon as the front wheel leaves the ground. 

On 7.10.2016 at 11:54 PM, Dman said:

Lets see some video.

As I said. Nothing special really. This is the result of the first proper ride with this bike. I f**king love it. Even just cruising around the skate park is more fun than the TGS I attempted to do these past months. I have to admit though that sidehops and gaps are horrible in comparison to my Rockman.

I am still getting my bunny hops back. This is why I didn't go to a higher wall. I want to get the technique dialed first. I can probably jump to rear twice the height of the bunny hop onto the wall (which isn't really high anyways :D).

Manuals are kinda weird as I keep falling backwards and have to pull the brake. Problem is that the MT5 with Trialtech pads is so strong that between slightly slowing down during a manual and blocking the rear wheel is just 1mm lever pull.

I also have to get another rotor for the front. The Trialzone isn't really good for this brake. The Avid CS2 on the rear works rather well.

• Like 2

Got some tires from Tarty today and modified my rear brake as I don't like the lever feel of the MT5. It's now a Shigura brake. SLX665 lever with a MT5/7 caliper. I'm still waiting for the matching left lever I bought for almost nothing new on ebay and I will put the hose through the forks. I also have a Saint 810 lever but I'll still have to find the matching left lever. They are pretty rare nowadays. The SLX, apart from the lacking free stroke adjustment, is almost  same though. The lever blade is a bit different.

I will spray the bars white in due time and get myself a hope hub on the rear. The Trialtech freewheel isn't really confidence inspiring.

29650895884_d2776a6033_c.jpgInspired Fourplay ¹ by niconj, auf Flickr

30165843952_c79a61cf1d_c.jpgInspired Fourplay ² by niconj, auf Flickr

30281576895_2a10b43c60_c.jpgInspired Fourplay ³ by niconj, auf Flickr

53 minutes ago, Dman said:

Black hub, black rims, white bars, black grips.

Are the Spank 33 rims really worth it? Seem very light for a not so smooth and heavy rider as myself. The next alternative would be the Spank Spike 35AL that are around 150gr. heavier.

Edited by niconj

On 10/7/2016 at 9:15 PM, niconj said:

Got it so cheap I cannot believe it's true. The guy bought it three years ago and rode it for like 5 times. There's not even a scratch. Somehow he managed to break the front brake but as I'm going to ride the MT5s anyways, I don't care.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the bars in a different color for the price I paid (half of the Arcades) but I don't really care. I took it on a short ride today and was impressed on how easy bunny hops are even after not having done them for three years. Not that I can jump very high (50cm to rear). I tried to manual as well and I think I will be able to do this consistently by the end of this year.

30092426841_5c77c4a1a4_c.jpgIMG_20161007_182030 by niconj, auf Flickr

30092418671_c74bd9fc38_c.jpgIMG_20161007_182040 by niconj, auf Flickr

How much if you don't mind me asking Nic?

3 hours ago, lifes-a-trial said:

How much if you don't mind me asking Nic?

450 Euros with Avid Elixir 5 brakes and different bars. It's basically new and didn't have a scratch. 

edit: I've just ordered the Pro 4 Hub and will relace my rear wheel only. I even have fitting spokes so I'll stick with the Inspired Pro rims for now.

Edited by niconj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.10.2016 at 6:30 PM, Dman said:

Was going to say no need to change rims.

Just so happens, that I'll get a set of Stiffies for a small buck. Unfortunately, they are the fluo green ones, that really don't fit to the color of the bike. I have the option of having the color changed professionally by a good friend and am thinking of adding another color to the bike. I might go with white but am uncertain. forks, bars and rims in gunsmoke grey would be cool as well.

Or I could just ride those fluo green rims. :D

FZAKEasxvc.full.jpg

Edited by niconj

On 10/26/2016 at 10:26 PM, niconj said:

Just so happens, that I'll get a set of Stiffies for a small buck. Unfortunately, they are the fluo green ones, that really don't fit to the color of the bike. I have the option of having the color changed professionally by a good friend and am thinking of adding another color to the bike. I might go with white but am uncertain. forks, bars and rims in gunsmoke grey would be cool as well.

Or I could just ride those fluo green rims. :D

FZAKEasxvc.full.jpg

Go on, throw a spanner in ,be a devil.With the bars it would be a colour (revulsion )revolution ☺

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lifes-a-trial said:

Go on, throw a spanner in ,be a devil.With the bars it would be a colour (revulsion )revolution ☺

Yeah... actually... it's about the bike rides rather than how it looks. As it is, it already looks much better than I am able to ride. :D

• Like 1