Inspired Fourplay 2012

niconj

49 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Did you try making the tensioner arm horizontal?

I think if you sprayed the rims black, they'd look really good. Black bars too.

This is as far to the front as the tensioner goes. 2 more links and it wouldn't have fitted. Black bars would mean black forks. Actually... I really don't like the color of the forks. :D

edit: I could get the tensioner a bit more forward if I took off the little pin that holds it to the derailleur hanger. Dunno how to describe it. It sits where normally the screw to adjust the height of the derailleur sits.

Edited by niconj

1 hour ago, isitafox said:

Should be able to ditch the tensioner altogether 

Nahhh... I don't like running loose chains. The KMC z610hx, while being a good chain, does stretch quite a bit. Did you run no tensioner on yours? You have the 2012 as well haven't you?

36 minutes ago, isitafox said:

Did and still do, first thing I did when I got it! 

22:16? Doesn't it hit the chain stay after a while?

White might not be too bad after all. Green doesn't look to bad either I have to admit. :D

30569675446_838304c249.jpgWhite by niconj, auf Flickr

30606095725_3c20d29bd1.jpgOrange by niconj, auf Flickr

30606104475_39ffebdcae.jpgGreen by niconj, auf Flickr

Edited by niconj

18 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Na, your chain looks fine. Just take the pin out and have the arm running parallel with the chain stay. The arm with the jockey wheels will drop a little but should be ok as the spring is solid.

Tried it today. It doesn't work without the pin as the upper jockey wheel gets too close to the sprocket and makes the chain skip.

2 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Put a washer between the hanger and main arm of the tensioner.

How would that help if the pulley is too high? It almost touches the sprocket. A washer would only move it sideways.

Edited by niconj

1 hour ago, niconj said:

How would that help if the pulley is too high? It almost touches the sprocket. A washer would only move it sideways.

When you tighten a tensioner it has the ability to rotate, if you put a washer in there it makes it so that you can tighten the tensioner locked into a specific position. 

32 minutes ago, isitafox said:

When you tighten a tensioner it has the ability to rotate, if you put a washer in there it makes it so that you can tighten the tensioner locked into a specific position. 

OK. I didn't think of that. Thanks. But doesn't it move. The Trialtech tensioner was fixed at the chain stay but I cannot do this with the Rohloff.

On 27.10.2016 at 8:07 AM, lifes-a-trial said:

Go on, throw a spanner in ,be a devil.With the bars it would be a colour (revulsion )revolution ☺

I will keep the green and since I wanted to swap the pedals anyways... Love those pedals. Been riding them for quite a while.

nukeproof-electron-evo-green-pedals_Elec

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, niconj said:

I will keep the green and since I wanted to swap the pedals anyways... Love those pedals. Been riding them for quite a while.

nukeproof-electron-evo-green-pedals_Elec

i have the same ones in white. really cool. grippy as hell (especiall compared to the plastic platforms i had before)
have you ever gotten one against the shin? i haven't yet, but i'm really dreading the day... those pins are like needles. 

6 minutes ago, jeff costello said:

i have the same ones in white. really cool. grippy as hell (especiall compared to the plastic platforms i had before)
have you ever gotten one against the shin? i haven't yet, but i'm really dreading the day... those pins are like needles. 

I have. Ripped my pants and my shin apart. Since then I haven't gotten over it and run shin guards. :D