Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daco

Beginner question, 36 year old

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DeersSlayer said:

Ouch! Reconsider seeing a doctor, just to make sure nothing is broken. And the doctor can advise on recovery time, and what to avoid during recovery.

Can you describe how the rear wheel slipped? I've only been on a trials bike 2 weeks. I'm quite a bit older than you, so my top priority is avoiding injury.

Hi, I just pulled to hard when trying to get the bike on rear wheel and missed to brake + concreete was slippery, it was a combination of two. Also I tried to change the way I get on rear wheel useing more pull with my hands then my pedal kick and it went all wrong. Now I see it is wrong :(.

I'm also 36 and just getting in to trials!

although I've been riding bmx and then Mtb since 1992 so have some skills to work with. 

Like daco I went for a 26" although I've gone for a inspired hex street trial, which has a fairly short stem as I want to learn stuff on the trials bike before taking in it to my Mtb.

going well so far although it hurts my elbows :(

It took me 3 1/2 years to properly hit my tailbone. Makes me think that it isn't very likely. Think about it this way. Did you try to drop from 1.50m?