We want to hear what you think ...

Hi Everyone

We’re at the end of another season for trials in the UK and we REALLY want to know what you all think! 

Have you been to a trials event in recent years?  If not, why not?

That isn’t a reprimand … it’s a genuine question, we need to know why entries in trials events, both at club and at national level have dropped over recent years.  We need to understand, from you the riders, what we need to do to improve what we do in order to make events better and to increase the number of competitive riders.

If you have been to a trials event this year, what did you think of it?  How do you think it could it be improved?

Please help us by clicking on the link below and filling in our short survey, it will only take a few minutes.  At the end, there’s the opportunity to win a £20 Tartybikes voucher as a thank you.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Y88TRMV

Riders’ comments from the 2015 survey were very helpful to us and we believe that we have addressed some of the issues raised and suggested  ie:

• We’ve progressed with man-made obstacles as best we can with putting in the Olde Home Farm round and hope to have more man-made next year.

• We’ve added none-age-related classes on all route colours (called ‘Senior’ classes).

• We’ve brought back the 50/50 red/yellow route to make the progression to/from Elite smoother.

• We try to include a fun element (speed section / hill climb etc) when possible at events.

• Better section-taping is being done where possible.

We want to be able to review your ideas at our annual meeting of organisers which is to be held on 27th November so please do fill in the questionnaire.  If you have anything to say which isn’t included in the survey, please do email us to let us know at info@biketrialuk.co.uk before 20th November.

Similarly, if you have anything specific that you would like to be discussed at the meeting please email us before 20th November.  If you feel that you can help the organisers in a practical sense and would like to attend the meeting, then please email us by 6th November as we need to be sure to have a meeting room large enough to take us all!

Many thanks to everyone who has supported the biketrial clubs and nationals over the years, we really do need your views, opinions and ideas to make the sport even better.

Biketrial Federation UK

I have entered a competition, but not within the last 5 years, therefore I'm already stumped by your first question.

1. When was the last time you entered a UK bike trials competition (either national or regional)?

In the last month
In the last 6 months
In the last year
In the last 5 years
I've never entered a competition

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Morris said:

I have entered a competition, but not within the last 5 years, therefore I'm already stumped by your first question.

1. When was the last time you entered a UK bike trials competition (either national or regional)?

In the last month
In the last 6 months
In the last year
In the last 5 years
I've never entered a competition

Oh dear!  Put it down as 5 years.  Thank you.