Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daviesdt

Scary shit

20 posts in this topic

Pretty sure he nearly goes over at about 2mins 20 as his helmet cam makes a major wobble over the wrong side of the rail.

Even to ride 10ft of that would be insane. But the whole thing? That's f**ked. Not to mention the wet tyres, snow, probably gonna be some wind up there too. He earns his money.

3 people like this

Man has got a set of nuts on him

1 person likes this

Or an empty head...

4 people like this

I'm guessing he's being followed by someone who has a safety line attached to him just in case... Damn sure I wouldn't do that without some backup.

1 person likes this

I did wonder, if you're gonna do that then you'd film more than just head cam footage. I'd say if that's the only angle then there was probably some safety involved.

3 people like this

Not surprising really but yeah, I'd go with that. Considering the effort that usually goes into his videos with multiple cameras, drones and all sorts that doesn't follow suit.

1 person likes this

Fuuuuuuu that

1 person likes this

F**k that side wobble at 02:20.

2 people like this

Unsure about the safety line, to stop a full grown guy plummeting to his death you need a line tied off to something pretty hefty otherwise you will still go over. Even then, how do you get back up and avoid suspension trauma? Need some kind of rescue plan in place though all that may have just plain escaped them he may have just had a rope lashed round a mates waist and it would have done jack sh@t!  Be nice to know though, pretty insane, I literally had to force myself to watch.....

Hypothetically, would a rope work if the guy holding it just yanked him back to the safe side before he went all the way over? He'd just fall off the rail then if that's what they did. 

Yeah, it would be obvious if things were going tits up so you'd just yank him towards the road to stop him heading left.

Hope his mate holding the end of the rope genuinely likes him then! Seems a bit 'heath Robinson' if you ask me!

Quote from Red Bull site:

Did you have any safety measures in place?
Yes, otherwise it would have been totally irresponsible. Although I was just secured by one guy and a rope, which wasn't really a safe way to do it.

5 people like this

Ha! Guy with a rope! Nut case!

Side off before the end, doesn't count :P

5 people like this

I've never had the balls to do something like that but I think a guy with a rope would be enough.  You know you're going to the wrong side well before you're beyond saving.  I'd just tell my buddy, "If I start screaming at you, you pull the shit out of that rope and make sure I crash onto the good side."

Yeaaaah you can see the line his bike was attached to at 2:38. Not taking anything away from the guy, 200m up, with a line on his bike, not even on him? Nutter.

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 13.02.42.png

Edited by RossBurnside
1 person likes this

I hope whatever he gets paid is worth it.