Trials Game - released.

kimosabi

Hi,

I'm planning to release a trail bike game, had a thread going over at OTN for years on this, been working on this on and off for maybe 2 years, I think it's  ready to share with the big wide world, but as early access/beta. 
Initially I'm releasing on the steam gaming platform, meaning it's a PC game. I plan to add Mac/Linux support if there is anyone that wants that, let me know. No console support (yet) but if you are interested/vote on this then I can also support that platform (Xbox/PS4 etc), the game engine I use can easily build this to most gaming platforms.

Do you want to help, or get a free copy? 
I'm looking for beta testers, I've got a few steam keys to hand out, so if you are interested, either contact me here or via Steam (Steam preferred as it is easier if you add me as friend there, my account is khos85) and I'll be very happy to give you a key, who would say no to a free game? :)
What I would ask is if you beta test, is you to give me feedback on the game, good, bad, or suggestions, so I can improve it as needed. Especially with the multiplayer, I want to see how that will behave when others are using this.
Note: I'm only one indie developer doing this in my spare time currently, there is no team of people working on this all day long, but I want to get it working well.

Spec of computer I tested with (On full HD I get 60FPS to 100 FPS depending on quality settings):
Intel i5 2.8ghz CPU, 8gb ram but 4gb os ok, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Graphics card, disk space about 1.4Gb.
Also tested machine with integrated graphics INTEL HD4000 but performance was not great.. main thing to consider will be your graphics card, the better spec will make for better gameplay.

Some features:
-Aim to emulate trail biking, like no other game/simulation has before :)
-Complete courses in time limit.
-Walk around the scene/course, then ride.
-Get Highscores.
-Bike and Rider Physics/movement. 
-Random foot down/dabs and chain breaks. 
-Dabs/Foot down also depends on stamina, 5 Dabs means session over.
-Courses are taped off just like in real life, if you break the tape with your bike/wheel the session is over.
-Bailing off bike (considering to remove the blood effect in case kids want to play).
-Bike setup area, geo adjust, grind wheel, chain tension/brake adjust, choose wheel size 20/26 inch.
-Custom rider/helmet area, you can choose between male and female characters.
-Gym area, you need to go to gym to build up stamina for longer back wheel hopping.. as you play more you also loose some stamina, so need to visit gym again.
-Multiplayer, now you'll be able to ride with friends from your PC.
-Level editor, you can create your own levels, save/share those with anyone. Anyone for a 100 meter drop off? :)
-Help section to explain how the game works.
Coming soon:
-More levels, some more "UCI" style levels are on their way, need to optimise those, make sure they get high performance.
-Customisable keys layout.
Known issues:
-Some characters in gym need animation smoothing.
-Sometimes with steering the frontwheel does not have "grip" and does not turn as expected,
-There maybe key combos that make the bike do crazy things, I have tried to test these but you may find a new one :)

I hope you will enjoy it and like the features.
See some screenshots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV1kAU6YwCI&feature=youtu.be

sdasd6.png

5asd.png

a2.png

sss1.png

Thanks for looking, any feedback is welcome, let me know if you want a free steam beta key. 

Edited by kimosabi
Released now.
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kushagra Rastogi said:

Looks awesome but last time when I played beta it was so glitchy.i hope it is fixed for now.

Hi, probably it has changed a lot since you played it last time, I don't expect you to see any glitches :) , check out this video here to see for yourself:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV1kAU6YwCI&feature=youtu.be

if you want to try let me know, I'll send you a steam key. 

8 minutes ago, Kushagra Rastogi said:

Dude btw where to download the game tester, please send me download link and instructions if possible.

Hi there,
As far as I understand, you would need to do the following:
1. Visit http://store.steampowered.com/ - Download their Game Client software, install that. This software is safe, at least 20 million gamers use this software..
2. Once installed and you have an account you can use the activate game option from the menu to register the key I sent to you.
3. Once the key I provided to you is registered, the steam client will download the game for you, once downloaded you are ready to play, locate the no seat ? entry in the games list and click play.

Let me know if you have any problems with the above, I'd love to hear your feedback, how it plays etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

I find the controls really confusing, seems promising if you're going to put a lot of time into it.

Hi there, thanks for trying it out, granted there are quite a few keys to available to use, I can try to simplify the main ones for you use W,A,S,D to move /rotate, then Right Mouse click for going to back wheel hop mode, and left click for Pedal kick mode, those are the main one you'd need to play really, I think it is quite simple to use those controls and play the game well. If you want to you can use all the others too, if you get into it more.
Hope that helps.  I think I'll make the controls much clearer in the help section, the main ones I listed are the above those should be simple or intuitive enough to have a good playing experience.

Would you be able to give it another go with the above in mind, see if that makes it easier to play?
Graphically and the other features does this look good so far?

Edited by kimosabi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam_McGuire said:

Game has potential man really enjoying it. Like the customisation with the rim grinding, brake positioning etc.

Good game dude :) 

Many thanks  for trying and your feedback, glad you are enjoying it.

• Like 1

Played this game after very long time and this is very much improved than the previous version, graphics can be little more improved but still fine and different Levels are awesome:wub:(getting lil addicted to it) haha.

Liked the gymming section too haha

You can design more characters in it and a detailed 24" street trials bike too and then it will be too much fun to play.

Although loved the game but still there are lil graphic issue while hopping or kicks ,hoping them to be improved in updates soon and work little more on proper functioning of movement according to key.

P.s. you can add separate keys for front and rear brakes.

Best of luck for your improvements ;)

1 hour ago, Kushagra Rastogi said:

Played this game after very long time and this is very much improved than the previous version, graphics can be little more improved but still fine and different Levels are awesome:wub:(getting lil addicted to it) haha.

Liked the gymming section too haha

You can design more characters in it and a detailed 24" street trials bike too and then it will be too much fun to play.

Although loved the game but still there are lil graphic issue while hopping or kicks ,hoping them to be improved in updates soon and work little more on proper functioning of movement according to key.

P.s. you can add separate keys for front and rear brakes.

Best of luck for your improvements ;)

Thanks for trying it out and your feedback. If you can, could you send me a msg with any graphic glitches examples while hopping as you describe as I have not come across any yet, I want to see what you mean with that. About the 24inch size wheel option, ok could look into that for future update. Front and rear brakes keys, good idea but fear the keys might get a little too complex maybe , there are quite a few to use already, I'll consider that addition.

1 hour ago, Kushagra Rastogi said:

Played the game for a few hours, now and once you get used to the controls, its an enjoyable little game. 

Noticed on problem with the steering, sometimes when turning the bike, it has a tendency to move around without actually wanting to move. 

Keep up the good work dude :)

Edited by Adam_McGuire

2 hours ago, Adam_McGuire said:

Played the game for a few hours, now and once you get used to the controls, its an enjoyable little game. 

Noticed on problem with the steering, sometimes when turning the bike, it has a tendency to move around without actually wanting to move. 

Keep up the good work dude :)

Glad you like the game, makes my day to hear that. Have you tried the level editor yet? Regarding the problem you noticed, is there any way of showing me the issue, e.g. via short video recording or youtube video, I want to make sure I understand the problem more. Is the bike stationary and no key is being pressed (i.e.WASD) but then the bike still moves around a bit? Or is only when steering and when the bike is at speed does some move when you don't anticipate? Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Kushagra Rastogi said:

IMG_20161215_235312.jpg

Look at this bug or whatever it is, leg remains like this and sometimes bikes moves automatically in any direction ,please fix it's movement.

Hi, If you press Escape, then press resume the leg should go back to the position, does that work for you?