Vid of me by me - need some tips

jojacek

Hey man 

Nice chillded video!

If I could offer one advice on the video, please just get on with the riding. I had to skip the first 30 seconds of non riding at the start of the video. If I clicked on a trials vid, I want to see some riding, not some man walking around in a house.

For next time!

Half of the video was intro, bad.

stunts, good.

filmed on a gopro, bad. (they don't look good when used in a static shot)

just gain your confidence back in riding, get funky with the camera, watch some of Flipps videos. They are mostly self filmed and it makes for easy viewing.

keep at it buddy 

Good on you for putting it out there! Constructive film criticism;

Use a variety of shots.
When out riding & filming try being mindful to shoot an overview shot of whatever obstacle/line you're about to tackle, an alternative closer action-rider-in-frame type one and then a close up of the particular key move. You'll have a heap of clips to trim and sort (half of which I find you never actually use) but come edit time back at home at the end of the day you'll find you have a large enough and diverse library from which you can pick from, achieve much better flow (and subsequent entertainment value) from stitching together.

Keep using key changes or count bars in your chosen tune as cues to chop to another clip in the edit...
Note: personal preference but, best to choose and load tune first if going about the whole syncing approach from the start.
Trim excess dead time off clips, watch them all. Load tune into editing suite, listen, envision, and then start building from the start. 

Explore and experiment - keep an eye out for all those lines with a cool backdrop for that overview or alternative shot, hunt out landscapes, switch it up between urban and natural scenery, include arty features for those quick short filler clips or better yet, if respectable to do so - ride them!

Utilise that tripod.

Take it easy, take your time and keep up the good progressive riding!