Riding weather?

DeersSlayer

I reckon you could ride up and over that big ass car you got in your driveway! You might find track standing easier with more room to move, allows you to slowly ride up to it and stop which feels more natural that jumping on and balancing. If you driveway is sloped that can help to, track stand into the slope, also practice fakirs backwards down the slope.

5 hours ago, Daviesdt said:

See if you can bunny hop up and over that snow bank too.

That snow bank is about 13' wide and 4.5' high in the middle, then landing on my neighbour's snowy slushy driveway.

Would be a nice dropoff from the back top of the truck cap, it's 7' 2" above the pavement. By the time I'm able to do that, if ever, the truck will be an ancient PoS.

Turns out my driveway is a bit steep for trackstands, it's at least 8 % grade. But it was nice to be outside on the bike! The temperature was balmy for January, almost +4 C. Two days ago it was -25 in the morning.

24 minutes ago, DeersSlayer said:

That snow bank is about 13' wide and 4.5' high in the middle, then landing on my neighbour's snowy slushy driveway.

Would be a nice dropoff from the back top of the truck cap, it's 7' 2" above the pavement. By the time I'm able to do that, if ever, the truck will be an ancient PoS.

Turns out my driveway is a bit steep for trackstands, it's at least 8 % grade. But it was nice to be outside on the bike! The temperature was balmy for January, almost +4 C. Two days ago it was -25 in the morning.

8% is fine! you just have to turn your wheel into it a bit more...

• 1 month later...

It seemed a bit steep, too much work. :-)  So I measured it: 9.5 %

The groundhog definitely saw it's shadow 2 weeks ago. 252 cm of snow so far this winter, current snowpack is 75 cm (2.5'.) Snow bank at my front door:

inTheSnowbank.jpg

With luck my first outdoor trials ride will be mid March, but more likely end of March.