A Worthy Repost (Thread?)

bikeperson45

Maybe an idea for a thread, for when you want to repost a video that doesn't quite warrant it's own topic?

Anyway, found the mp3 of the song on an old memory stick and the hunt for this video began. Trials begins at 4:16 but I remember watching this video on a weekly basis when I started getting into bikes - 

And an old video of Dominik Raab showing him being ahead of the game, uploaded a few months before April 2009 :P

• Like 6

Feel you @bikeperson45 - "Monday" brings it all back! 

Ali C n Raab vid love too! Can't for the life of me remember what a particular old fave was called, it was a good 8mins or more of an Asian rider on a 26" Echo or possibly Zoo, super smooth hooks n hops set in what seemed like a ruined white rock temple like setting, minimalistic tune and slow vibe to the vid... No idea of a name! Recall him possibly spending some time on a 20 too though and putting out some insane sidehops to back wheel on a again, asian looking, street concrete flowerbed at night!?

Good thread! ...I'm off on the hunt now...

5 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

I'm just going to link Rowan's YT page to save us all some time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/webtrialsgeek/videos

That said, to avoid the boy's head getting too big, the only one I'll embed here is him getting it wrong.

Was anyone able to watch that without muting it?

I'd rather dive head first off a building onto a spiky fence than listen to that 'music'....

20 minutes ago, DeersSlayer said:

Was anyone able to watch that without muting it?

I'd rather dive head first off a building onto a spiky fence than listen to that 'music'....

I'm sorry 2007 doesn't pass your music standards.

do you need a tissue? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

I'm sorry 2007 doesn't pass your music standards.

do you need a tissue? 

That's a bit harsh, there must have been some good music in 2007. ;-)

But you're absolutely right, it's not my video and if I don't like the soundtrack I should just STFU and enjoy it muted. My bad (sincerely.)

On 2/12/2017 at 5:25 AM, Ali C said:

Love that video! Just reminds me of summer and pure fun. Danny needs more wigs :P

He also makes 26" wheels looks really appealing 

Yeah! I miss my hex right now, it rides off-road/natural so nice. The 24" bikes are much better for street.

I think it's high time people remembered Ben Travis has been really f**king good for a really f**king long time.

Edit: Holy crap. This prompted me going on an old-video-binge. I really, really miss trials being about having fun on bikes, and there being other people around to do it with. And by all accounts it was already in decline by the time I started, so I never experienced it at its peak! It's really sad.

Edited by aener
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, aener said:

there being other people around to do it with. And by all accounts it was already in decline by the time I started

Why? Marketing and publicity are better, more trials bikes are sold (I think). There should be more people around than when you started (mind that I started only 3 1/2 years ago).

2 hours ago, niconj said:

Why? Marketing and publicity are better, more trials bikes are sold (I think). There should be more people around than when you started (mind that I started only 3 1/2 years ago).

I'd be very curious as to where you got that statistic from :P

Whether more are sold or not, I used to ride with varying groups of people on Saturdays and Sundays, and often mid-week, and felt hard-done-by if there was less than four other riders on any given ride.
Now I consider it a treat when I get to ride with ONE other person once every three or four weeks.

• Like 2

Your pretty spot on there dude, A Saturday ride used to be a good 10-15 strong minimum,(remember fancy dress rides?) i used to love traveling the country to meet up with guys on here for a bit of riding and bants', i seem to find if i join a ride nowadays theres a lot less of that. i spend alot more time riding on my own, which i have no qualms with but its not what it used to be at all.

I feel as though we may have pushed this towards a bitch and reminisce topic. 

Edited by Davetrials

15 minutes ago, aener said:

I'd be very curious as to where you got that statistic from :P

I thought that Trials had become more popular through Danny, thus more bikes sold. Or maybe people back then were riding their MTBs and that there was no need for a special bike = more riders.