Saint Caliper too far out, inner pad rubs

niconj

I tried to mount my rear 810 Saint caliper and it seems that it is too far out. The inner pad rubs and I cannot push the caliper further in. This didn't happen with the same (Hope) adapter and Magura MT5 brakes. Could I just use washers in between the frame and the adapter, just like you do with an IS Hope Trialzone caliper?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

Just stumbled upon this, hope make a spacer to slot behind the rotor for this issue. 

I saw this already. The question is whether I'd need different rotor bolts for this then. As it is I have problems with rotor bolts coming loose. Two threads less wouldn't be ideal I recon.

I am just running a set of M5 x 13mm with a 4mm Allen head. Works fine, seem to dig in a little to the three anti loosen spacers I got with the shimano and haven't ever had a rotor come loose on me since 2013 when I put them on my bike/s. I just seem to have a disc adaptor that won't stop coming loose on the Arcade now (It's always something). 

• Like 1

I'll get myself some of those screws and the adaptor then. M5x15 should do the trick as well. I want as much threads covered as possible. It never even occurred to me that I could use normal M5 screws.

On your adaptor you could use Loctite 2701. This should hold it tight. When the bolt brakes on you trying to loosen it, it's just the adaptor. With my disc bolts, it's the hub that goes... 

Edited by niconj