Inspired Arcade fuse

Davetrials

20 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

Post some decent daylight pics. 

21 hours ago, Davetrials said:

Fresh from the box

Yeah Dave. Get in your f**king time machine already.

Get a f**king grip.

Bike looks sweet as I said on FB dude. Look forward to some dry weather where we can fall off bikes together.
ProTip: Dave's bed in tips of scrubbing brakes are even easier if you can sneak it into the Uni gym and whack it on a treadmill ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Pulsing is maybe the wrong term. Sounds like you're asking him to have the brake on slightly, then harder. That's not the case. 

What you need to do is jab the brakes. On. Off. Repeat.

Never do this. 

The process of bedding in brakes is to get an even coating of pad material on the rotor, if you jab the brakes you'll create high and low spots in the rotor and this will cause brake judder and you'll find that the brake works mint on certain spots of the rotor and completely rubbish on other parts. 

The way to do it is to ride up and down at a steady riding pace (15 mph-ish) and drag your brakes once up to speed and come to a slow and steady stop. Repeat 15/20 times. 

20 minutes ago, BJ. said:

Nope. At that sort of speed you're not travelling quick enough the emit the amount of heat you would need to glaze a set of pads. 

Ok. I never went wrong with going fast and braking hard until almost 0km/h. This is what Trickstuff and other companies suggest anyways. Your method probably works as well.

On 1/30/2017 at 11:20 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Water- pour a bit of water over the calipers/rotors and ride around dragging the brake for a bit. Rinse and repeat a couple of times and you should be 90% of the way there.

^ Just do that and you'll be fine. Ideally you don't want the rotors do completely dry out or the brake will clog up. Keep rinsing them as they'll drip a lot of black residue which consists of filings from the rotor being cut down by the pads. When the rotor is almost mirror like and the brake no longer makes a metallic rubbing sound when braking, you're good to go.

It's also a great trick if your discs aren't working as well as they used to plus it also works on rim brakes. You want to keep flushing the rotor / rim clean with water until there is no residue coming off.

9 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

You do realise that its the pad that wears (considerably faster) not the disc.

Yes of course I know this. 

The bedding in procedure is the pad leaving a residue of its self onto the rotor, the material we make disc brake pads out of can't grip onto a metalic surface which is why the brakes need to be bedded in. 

Cheers for all the advice guys, I'm just gonna roll around and ride it tonight the general idea seems to be simelar to Dave's first comment, apologies for the lack of pictures I built the bike one evening then went away, heading home this evening and will try and get some decent pictures tomorrow day time, Luke are you about for falling off and curb hopping?