Hashtagg carbon forks feedback

jigga

Would like to know how well these are holding up for people? As many others have probably thought, they seem scary light but obviously Hashtagg are confident to justify asking the pricetag.

Are they taking a battering or designed as comp rider one season accesories?

The sideways stiffness is not brilliant to say the least, front/back is good. They are not going to take a battering too well but if your riding is average and you're light then you should get quite a lot of use out of them before they fold.

If you want a rigid and durable front end then you're going to have to chose from the "heavy" CF forks like Crewkerz. 100g weight difference is not as noticable on alloy forks as it is on carbon ones. After all, 100g of carbon is a lot of material.

Thanks for replies.

how about the hashtagg carbon handlebar? Released about the same time and 10% lighter than the previous try-all Karbon bar but with more aggressive bends and height which to me must equal a longer length of tube for less weight!!!!!

Can you even buy hashtags stuff anymore ? 

Why isnt it called pound sign? Why is this a hashtag when did it become something other than the pound sign #######

#inspired #streettrials #badbusiness #getmegollowers #fallow4fallow #ineedlikestofeelreal #helpmefeelreal #worstnameevermade #likefivetriplefootjamwhipsinarow #sofrench #sobad #declarebankruptcy #neverforgetKOXX

7 hours ago, AndyT said:

Can you even buy hashtags stuff anymore ? 

Why isnt it called pound sign? Why is this a hashtag when did it become something other than the pound sign #######

#inspired #streettrials #badbusiness #getmegollowers #fallow4fallow #ineedlikestofeelreal #helpmefeelreal #worstnameevermade #likefivetriplefootjamwhipsinarow #sofrench #sobad #declarebankruptcy #neverforgetKOXX

As far as I'm aware, hashtag is not a currency. That could go some way to answering your queries. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dan_Trials said:

As far as I'm aware, hashtag is not a currency. That could go some way to answering your queries. 

Are you aware of the fact they just had a statement saying their "company" is totally f**ked for money and won't make any more frames ? 

And you are aware their previous company f**ked tons of people out of money?  Took order$$ and declared bankruptcy...

No idea what you are trying to say about a currency.

I think it was more that they'd invested money in their new frame/fork/stem 1.5" steerer setup, and for whatever reason that run hasn't worked out.  They're still carrying on with their parts (we received an order today), it's just the new framekits aren't being made.

For what it's worth I've heard of other companies having something similar - lead times for production in Taiwan are super long, and if there's an error in production that can really f**k things up for a company.

For the bars, it seems they had a sketchy batch of them.  We had loads go out that were solid, then they suddenly started breaking, then went back to being fine.  In fairness to Dom he was sound about getting them warrantied.

20 hours ago, Mark W said:

I think it was more that they'd invested money in their new frame/fork/stem 1.5" steerer setup, and for whatever reason that run hasn't worked out.  They're still carrying on with their parts (we received an order today), it's just the new framekits aren't being made.

For what it's worth I've heard of other companies having something similar - lead times for production in Taiwan are super long, and if there's an error in production that can really f**k things up for a company.

For the bars, it seems they had a sketchy batch of them.  We had loads go out that were solid, then they suddenly started breaking, then went back to being fine.  In fairness to Dom he was sound about getting them warrantied.

Warrantied or not,  the price of a new bar is less significant than the pain of broken wrist/collar bone etc and the price of time off work to heal just for a 10% saving in carbon.  The weave / manufacturing etc maybe be believed to have advanced to justify the weight /material loss,  but totally not worth injuring customers.  The try all bar has a long history of lasting surely they can learn from that construction. 

Edited by jigga