Any interest in "progression" videos?

Gibbo3771

Hi guys, I finally managed to get a bike after looking around for a while. I couldn't sell one of my MTB's so traded it for an Inspired Fourplay frameset with nice wheels and okish stylo cranks.

I am currently waiting for Hope brakes and cranks to arrive and I am considering buying a camera (maybe a GoPro, not sure yet) to record my progress.

I have NEVER ridden a trials bike, I have not even ridden the one I have bought yet because the brakes were so god damn awful on it. Would anyone be interested in viewing such a video? They would go as follows:

1. Pick a technique (in this example lets just say rear wheel hops, that seems popular)
  2. Take the bike out, setup a camera
  3. Practice in front of camera until I nail it
  4. Stitch the many hoursdays/weeks/months/years of footage together, cutting away useless segments and making it a time lapse
  5. Post it

There will not be a whole lot of talking, mostly just me failing over and over and over again and again and again.

Seems like a neat way to document progress.

12 minutes ago, isitafox said:

If you've got the time and skill to put it together I suppose it'd be worth it. Would be a good reference for new riders especially those who have no trials experience whatsoever. 

5 free days of the week and plenty of experience in Sony Vegas. I may as well document it, since i'll be doing it anyway. I shall report back in a few weeks haha.

4 hours ago, Gibbo3771 said:

... I have NEVER ridden a trials bike, I have not even ridden the one I have bought yet because the brakes were so god damn awful on it. Would anyone be interested in viewing such a video? They would go as follows:

1. Pick a technique (in this example lets just say rear wheel hops, that seems popular)
  2. Take the bike out, setup a camera
  3. Practice in front of camera until I nail it
  4. Stitch the many hoursdays/weeks/months/years of footage together, cutting away useless segments and making it a

There will not be a whole lot of talking, mostly just me failing over and over and over again and again and again.

Seems like a neat way to document progress.

I would watch your videos! 

I'm a newbie trials rider, with only 1 year of MTB experience. And I'm old, and so far only riding in my garage (real winter here!) This is a pretty good beginners real wheel hop instruction video:

So far I'm only using the box method...

It's kind of cool, kind of suffers from the 'people want to watch things done well' aspect though. 

Saying that, I used to watch this guy's videos as soon as they came out as I started a little after him so it was a great motivation when I didn't have anyone to ride with, think he's up to part 40 or so now over 8 years.

• Like 1