if you could have any of your old bikes again, which one would it be?

Herbertlemon102

Woodman t pro, I think it had a -20 bottom bracket, 1080... rode the shit out of that bike, sold it then the buyer broke it in a month... 

good times on in the crescent ilions, but I would never want that shit early integrated headset again. I could make a better system out of sand and a coconut.

• Like 2

A few years ago I tracked down my first three trials bikes.  Not just the same model, but actually the exact frames.  My Monty X-Alp and Brisa B26 were complete just as I sold them, and Planet X Zebdi came back to me frame and fork.  It was pretty fun to have them again, but the nostalgia was more exciting than actually riding them.

The only bike I regret selling is the Norco Manifesto I owned a few years back.  It had belonged to Ryan Leech, had his signature on it, and a couple prototype parts.  The owner between Ryan and I had changed a few things, so I made a few changes.  Front wheel was a bit of a throw-together.  For the life of me I couldn't sidehop or gap it 50% of what I do on my current pogo, but I just didn't care, for two wheels moves and higher speed MTB/trials it was a dream.  Something about it just felt amazing.  There are a few lines I did on it, I've never been able to do on any other bike.  It made my respect for R. Leech grow about 10000% percent.  He was doing lines 15 years ago most of us still can't do, and does something like a 44" sidehop over a bar in shows.  Sidehopping this thing was like trying to sidehop a bus.

p5pb11754376.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

been lost in a stream of old videos, and i keep seeing bikes which look full of character (leeson pogo stick stock with what looks like scaffolding between the tubes, for example) want to hear about ye olde bi-cycles!

That would be Rich Pearson's old Thumper :) beast of a bike! Almost as nice as his old Leeson D15C

Really miss my old Pashley GHz... thieving pompey b*****d... grumble grumble

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, craigjames said:

That would be Rich Pearson's old Thumper :) beast of a bike! Almost as nice as his old Leeson D15C

Really miss my old Pashley GHz... thieving pompey b*****d... grumble grumble

just messaged him about it :P i wanna see more of it

• Like 1

Can't decide. The Norco was the worst for trialsy stuff and I broke it from new in about 6 weeks, but it was special. They all gave me excellent times. Probably the Zebdi.

Those cranks & mech went a long way.

DSCF00003.JPG

MYBIKE2.JPG

norco rear.JPG

Edited by LEON
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, LEON said:

Can't decide. The Norco was the worst for trialsy stuff and I broke it from new in about 6 weeks, but it was special. They all gave me excellent times. Probably the Zebdi.

Those cranks & mech went a long way.

DSCF00003.JPG

Theres something about that orange that grabs me. It also looks like something you'd ride into war :P

It was an absolute machine, I had 4 or 5, was my first proper frame after Konas, DMRs and Saracens. But the chainstays weren't great, you can see the chainstay repair in the other pic. ^^

The bottom pic is my first one, pic from 2002.

MY ZERO 2.JPG

leonbike1.JPG

leonsbike2.jpg

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2