if you could have any of your old bikes again, which one would it be?

Herbertlemon102

Hard to choose because there were so many but two stood out - a bike built on the first Echo SL frame and a custom Triton. Both had a great geometry but the latter rode very differently being titanium. The frame felt alive, hard to describe in words. I sold it years ago and have occasionally been trying to buy it back but the current owner who's had it for almost a decade won't budge unless he gets a pile of money for it. 

That said, I've been riding a Cannibal V3 for a few years now and it's easily one of the best. Absolutely love it.

There's one I've always wanted (probably not a good idea if you hate high BB's) and it's the shorter Vinco:

p4pb1579736.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndyT said:

The Vinco was a a strange strange bike to ride in a world of low bb bikes...

But also very progressive, as were all the Echo/Czar/GU/Adamant frames from 2006. People hated them and now most trials bikes have that geometry :P Perhaps it took longer for people to realize what kind of stem was needed to make it all work.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Is that the Thumper? Isn't it the one with the dinner plate disc on the back.

Oui, that's Thumper. Think Rich ran it with either 180 or a 203 BB7 or a Vee, dependant on what tickled his fancy. Check out some of Rich's older "Street Training" videos, should be more ThuMper/D15C goodness.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2017 at 3:30 PM, AdamAllen said:

Between these 2, granted I couldn't really ride back then, and the jack flash in this pic was dead (Originally had XC/D521 rear wheel, power pro's and racelines). 

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0019l.JPG

Mr Crud DCD!! Amazing 

On 02/03/2017 at 3:18 PM, stoozie said:

I'd love to have my old Maladie back, seriously regret selling this.

5869674045_f71604f2fd_b.jpg

That's funny, i was just about to post the same picture as i regret selling it too :(

Thanks for selling it me though :)

22 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

compared to most people on here i haven't been doing this that long, but id have my first bike back and put better parts on it, purely to see what it would be like/ nostalgia :P

saracen mmad.jpg

Had one of these bad boys myself lol first "trials" bike I had, apart from a bmx that got the works to try and be a trials machine haha

• Like 1