Ashton Justice Mk2

Scott Gibbs

I guess it depends which frame you take to be the "mk2" - I was talking about the second batch of silver ones which had - as I recall - slightly thicker tubing than the first ones. I guess Mikee you're talking about the later red/black ones, which measured about what you said.

If you do mean the silver frame then I think the bb rise was zero.

@Tony Harrison I've always known the black and red ones as the mk2. I've got a silver one too, as a frame in the loft. That was 1040 with trialtech forks, if memory serves. I also want the say that the BB was ever so slightly negative. I may be wrong, I didn't have it built all that long.

@Scott Gibbs Yeah, one of them was red. I have had 7 over the years.

They are more at home on the street, from my experience. 

I stopped riding mine about a year ago, when my riding turned from mainly street, to mainly rocks. A lot of my local rocks are tightly packed and technical. And for that, the justice didn't feel right. It might just be me, but I always thought they ride better with momentum.

Still the best all round trials bike I have owned.

A bit of extra info. They aren't light, if you are coming from a more modern bike. The back end isn't all that stiff and if you like to run the pads quite close to the rim like I do, the back brake often rubs. You can get a tensioner-less setup with 18:15, with a touch of dropout filing. 

• Like 2

Weight isn't a massive issue for me to be honest, I saw your red one a while ago and I'd Probably run a 4 bolt booster on mine to like yours. To be honest I'll probably be riding about 99% street anyway with the odd Natural session thrown in once in a blue moon. 

On 08/03/2017 at 6:27 PM, Tony Harrison said:

I guess it depends which frame you take to be the "mk2" - I was talking about the second batch of silver ones which had - as I recall - slightly thicker tubing than the first ones. I guess Mikee you're talking about the later red/black ones, which measured about what you said.

If you do mean the silver frame then I think the bb rise was zero.

The mk2 for me is the second silver frame with, as Tony rightly says, a thicker tube design and also a change to the graphics. The first paint job had two very long black and red triangles but the mk2 had triangles which wrapped round the top and bottom of the tubing with a pointed edge.  

I also agree that with 2.5 azonic dw bars with a 90mm 0deg rise stem, was the bolloks. 

IMG_6319.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ross McArthur said:

I also agree that with 2.5 azonic dw bars with a 90mm 0deg rise stem, was the bolloks. 

That's about what I had I think. It was just super fun, rode quite similar to my Hex. At the time I had that setup (2004-2005) the long bikes were getting in vogue, like the Coustelliers and Koxx (also Atomz etc), but they just seemed boring. I suppose that was soon after the start of the long frame thing, and around the time high BBs were coming in. Funny how shorter street bikes are so popular now : )