What bike next ??

Andrewb1973

I am new to trials after many years of riding trials motorbikes, but fancy having a go. 

I have a Onza pro, but want a better rear brake - either i buy a new brake or a new bike altogether.

I am 6ft tall, and about 12 stone - but also 43, so although fit - aint no 18 year old.

What should i do ?, any suggestions ?, but think i want to stay to 20".

I am based in Scarisbrick, Lancashire. However i am up and down to Sevenoaks in Kent a lot.

Text on 07740 856527 or message me.

20170402_182252.jpg

get a stock! at that height your just limiting yourself. i've got both and i always feel handicapped for power when i'm back on the 20". if you want more braking power pick up any of the recent shimano hydraulic brakes or a bb7 or a hope mono trials. get some jitsit or trialtech pads and you'll never look back.

cause the cockpit is smaller, or you have to run a ridiculous bar and stem combo to get something similar going on. it's simply easier to put more power down or through a 26". i always feel like there isn't enough to get behind on my 20" and it is harder to make the bigger moves. plus you get more traction and forgiveness from a bigger wheel. they are a little more cumbersome to start with but i find the benefits are so worth it...

That's not what that new Abel Mustiieles video (or all those Dani Comas 20" World Champs titles) is saying ;)  I get what you mean though in fairness, but if you've got a 20" already and it feels alright then for learning the basics it should be fine.

Putting a better rear brake on would be a good shout though, you'll instantly get more confidence.  Any of the Hope Trial/Trial Zone brakes would be a good option, or some of the Shimano brakes out there (although some have pretty bad pad knock, seemingly).

i mean from bottom bracket to wherever you hold the bars, theres more room so you've got more space to put the power through. or it feels that way... i run a shorter stem and lower rise bars on my stock and it feels longer than my mod with 180mm stem and high rise bars