Back on a bike

stuie

Don't think there is enough of it around for it to be accessible to general riders who'd be willing to give it a go, most folks get into mtb, BMX, or even road riding (shudders......), Not trials cos where'd you see it in this country? Seems to be a big scene in Scotland as seems to be enough riders to get something going, round my way, not so much. Think it needs more things like the red bull Street light sessions to get going or for British cycling to adopt it (be surprised if that happens) to get it going where people can try out a bike and sample some basic skills. Till then it's always going to be niche. Think you just gotta get on your bike and ride for yourself, if you are lucky enough to have a group then so much the better.

• Like 1

When it comes to board attendance, Trials is bigger than BMX. At least here in Germany. I think the main problem is that people nowadays think that you can't do it on a MTB and that you need a special bike for it. The slow process to be able to do remotely what good riders do let's many people quit I think. If you don't have anyone to ride with this happens even faster. 

This coming from someone who's been riding for 4 years. 

Edited by niconj
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Daviesdt said:

Don't think there is enough of it around for it to be accessible to general riders who'd be willing to give it a go, most folks get into mtb, BMX, or even road riding (shudders......), Not trials cos where'd you see it in this country? Seems to be a big scene in Scotland as seems to be enough riders to get something going, round my way, not so much. Think it needs more things like the red bull Street light sessions to get going or for British cycling to adopt it (be surprised if that happens) to get it going where people can try out a bike and sample some basic skills. Till then it's always going to be niche. Think you just gotta get on your bike and ride for yourself, if you are lucky enough to have a group then so much the better.

Word on the street is that they have adopted it now. Although they aren't calling it trials. Its being called Geometry specific bike handling, or something!

• Like 2

The trials scene down south bout 5/6 years ago was great, people riding most weekends and having a good time. I bmx also but just miss riding trials. Me and 2 mates have got bikes again and just doing it for a bit of fun.

@Ross McArthur for real? That's interesting news. Don't live far from the 'home of British cycling', though it's mostly just set up for the Spandex wearing roadies with some BMX and MTB bolted on the side. Have you heard anything specific about what they might be doing or did you hear it from a man in the pub whose mate once knew a guy who mopped the toilets at the velodrome!?

30 minutes ago, Daviesdt said:

@Ross McArthur for real? That's interesting news. Don't live far from the 'home of British cycling', though it's mostly just set up for the Spandex wearing roadies with some BMX and MTB bolted on the side. Have you heard anything specific about what they might be doing or did you hear it from a man in the pub whose mate once knew a guy who mopped the toilets at the velodrome!?

I didn't realise Ross's trials gossip source had been revealed.

• Like 3