Trialsy high rise bars - TT vs Jitsie vs Clean

LEON

Got a 26 to build up soon and while I love the Arcade bars they don't feel quite right on a 26" for me, but they've made Trialtech high risers feel really low, plus for trialsy stuff I prefer a bit of upsweep, the Jitsie & Clean bars look a bit better suited, but will they be strong enough? I know I can totally trust TT bars but Jitsie and Clean look more comp orientated and the Jitsie especially is stupidly light. Any experience with these or other recommendations?

Basically after a high bar, higher than a Trialtech but with equal or more upsweep.

All the new pure trials bars are blowing my mind... I haven't seen any in real life, but they look like double the arcade bars rise but put foreward... it's just the future of uci huge obstacle trials, and it makes sense with these monstrous never should be considered a "bicycle" high bottom brackets.  I haven't put more than 10 hours of riding on my tt carbon bars which I love...but I want to check out these new ones for sure.

Yeah they are pretty sweepy, but unlike most I use my upsweep to sweep upwards, so I want to know what they're like in a normal position. The only pics I can find is on pogo sticks and they're virtually upside down, but 260g for a bar that big gives me doubts. I just want something to match Azonic double walls.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2

I remember in the early 2000s people were running azonic pro taper bars on their Schwin homegrowns... saw a lot of them snap! I still have my 2001 club roost "go fast" bars on a single speed commuter with race face turbine lp cranks...

personally the arcade bars are my hands/wrists heaven, here is the last ride I rode with them on my extreme pogo Gu:

It was easily bunny hop-able, kind of easily manualed- but I couldn't put full leverage/force into gaps and wheel swaps were shit... sometimes I'd go up something and the weight would be just too far back. It wasn't right.

I've not been able to ride due to injury since, but I've been slowly building an inpulse blast x with 145x25 /tt carbon bars  to enjoy the ludicrousness of today's cheater high bb monstrosities. Instantly add a meter to gaps compared to my hex.

i think these bonkerz new bars would add a foot to sidehops, especially cheater up to front bullshit.

• Like 1

The high rise jitsie carbons are pretty flexy... I wouldn't get them unless you're really light. A local rider has the Clean carbon too, and they feel great (I'm on the bovine breath bars though, so I'm used to the low backsweep).

Been running my TT carbons on my echo for street, comps and shows and they're now on a 4play I'm borrowing. Really like them for everything. Slightly forward for the echo and a bit further back for the Inspired. They were all I had, plus a short steerer fork plus a 90x25 stem to put on the Inspired. The set up felt well low to begin with but I got used to it and they feel fine now.

On 23/04/2017 at 1:23 AM, LEON said:

Yeah they are pretty sweepy, but unlike most I use my upsweep to sweep upwards, so I want to know what they're like in a normal position. The only pics I can find is on pogo sticks and they're virtually upside down, but 260g for a bar that big gives me doubts. I just want something to match Azonic double walls.

Is it for the zebdi?

I'm having a similar dilema but thinking of trying a trialtech stem with the pair of old tryall bars i got with the frame first, well before shelling out on more anyway.