I Made a Comp Frame With a Seat

stirlingpowers

To avoid this, I made this:

large.trialsMtb.jpg.d5503941d5126cdd9283

72, 1080, +60, 1,5", many ideas of David Hoffmann in this frame, the usual painfully branded comp trials parts

Would you consider selling custom frames?

For two decades, there was Hoffmannbikes, selling custom Trials frames in Germany. Considering his nephew David Hoffmann, and the still-existing workshop, it could be done.

PM me for interest, I'll forward it.

Edited by stirlingpowers
  • Like 9

The way the top tube and forks are at almost a perfect 90 degree angle to eachother looks f**king mint. It feels like I'm looking at an alternative future of trials if the seats stayed. Awesome! 

IMG_6355.JPG

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

The way the top tube and forks are at almost a perfect 90 degree angle to eachother looks f**king mint. It feels like I'm looking at an alternative future of trials if the seats stayed. Awesome! 

Thanks! I'd reckon that I live in this alternative future now. We might also be working on some other kinds of alternative futures...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ali C said:

digging it, however I'm not into that curve in the downtube, I like how it still looks more like a bike now :)  Had a similar idea to do a seated comp style frame myself at some point 

The hex with a 90x10 stem and rolled forward highrisers does it well. Early 2000s era.

9 minutes ago, Ali C said:

I did enter a comp on my hex and it coped pretty well but the short wheelbase does have it's limitations on bigger comp moves

I was there mate. Bracken rocks a couple of years ago. Watching yourself, Carthy and Andrei Burton trying to get up that big slab when the comp had finished

2 hours ago, Ali C said:

I did enter a comp on my hex and it coped pretty well but the short wheelbase does have it's limitations on bigger comp moves

I used the Hex as a test mule with comp parts last autumn. However, the wheelbase and the low BB made it a bit sluggish on the backwheel. That's why this thing in the photos above exists.

Also, I wanted to advance on some construction features. The curved Kloud-style down tube is for my individual style preferences only.

Edited by stirlingpowers