The bike choice

Erhman88

May have read recently that I'm new to this and heatley 30. Well I bought an onza t bird in the thought this is what I should be using etc

well I have now also bought a 26" echo which is almost a third of the weight and I feel a lot more balanced on it. I'm 5"9 ish, what would you guys recomend? Should I keep both? Is Magura a better brand of brakes to have over the echo ones? Should I put a crank guard on?

51411008895__04BE5324-1C3C-47B0-ADB7-07326BEA2B86.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

The Magura brakes that are on the Onza are keepers! Definitely move them over to the Echo. Personally, I would then scrap the Onza.

The only other thing that I will mention, is the amount of spacers below the stem. Experiment with bringing the stem Lower. Much lower, in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Erhman88 said:

Cool I shall keep the brakes then, thought that may be the case. Why lose the spacers? Really? Scrap it? Or use it as a donar bike for a better 20" frame?

It probably wouldn't even pay a frame.

The pre-2004 Magura brakes on the Onza have noticeably less locking power than the Echo TR. They are known to be more reliable and leak proof. Keep them as spare parts but I wouldn't put them on the Echo unless the Echo brakes start playing up.

18 hours ago, Erhman88 said:

Cool I shall keep the brakes then, thought that may be the case. Why lose the spacers? Really? Scrap it? Or use it as a donar bike for a better 20" frame?

+ he can allways put them on top of the stem to find out the best position and then cut the steerer.