chain tension bolt stuck

omgnoseat

Got a photo of the one that's stuck on your bike rather than a library photo? Presumably you mean the bolt on the end of the thread that goes through the hub and holds the wheel onto the frame? I don't get how it's stuck? Will it not turn anticlockwise to loosen? Is it rusted? Have you tried wd40 if so?

no he means the one that sits inside the dropout to push the wheel out to tension the chain.

is any of the bolt exposed at all or is it properly in there? you could always get it drilled out and helicoil the thread back...

i use an echo frame with this dropout and tend to leave the hub slammed in the frame and use a heatsink tensioner to take up the slack on my chain. as having the bolt well far out causes them to bend and f**k up.

Probably worth looking at your axle bolts/washers and stuff if that's the case.  The tensioner bolts shouldn't really be taking the load of you riding (euphemism o'clock), so shouldn't really be bending...

Ah, the grub screw, i get it now, yeah my echo has the same detail. 

Is it actually bent as suggested by ogre? If so you should be able to thread it out one way or the other. 

If it's rusted, wd40 or gt85 bath like Matt said. 

If it's been cross threaded it needs to come back out the way it went in but with a bit of brute force, you might bend the Allen key though.

If you can get a Bradle and give it a tap it might shock it enough to allow it to move some, worth a go.

If really stuck, when things seize on cars you quite often see heat applied with a burner, ok this is going to ruin your paint but depends on how much a problem the bolt is.

If all else fails try and cut it off flush in the drop out and use a chain tensioner or snail cam's.....

Not sure anyone else has any bright ideas?