Old 4play vs. new Arcade

niconj

16 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Having gone from a similar geo Fourplay to an Arcade it was much better in every way, simply because the short stays make it way nicer to bunnyhop, manual and spin, and the steeper head angle makes the whole bike feel more lively and nimble.  If that's what you want then go for it.  If they're not, they're not.  There's not really much point wasting time thinking about hypothetical bar angles for a bike you may or may not get.

Thanks. This sounds as if I want to get an Arcade. I went out riding today with the bars a bit forward and couldn't really do anything. It just felt so weird. I will roll them back even though I said I'd give it more time.

Also, my fourplay is longer than the Arcade so rolling the bars forwards, makes it even weirder. 

Edited by niconj

I'm forgetting you have a fourplay currently, having the bars inline with headtube works really well on the arcade/console, because the fork is directly inline with the headtube. I'm not sure on the fourplay and I didn't run my bars inline with the headtube when I had one, I ran them further forward.

On 27.5.2017 at 1:28 PM, jeff costello said:

350 chainstays? isn't that 20" territory?

Just got a response. They told me that the chain stays go from 350-356. You can run 18-13 or 18/14.

Edit:

Ratio possible is:

- 18/14 18/12 standard chain

- 18/13 half link chain

- 22/15 standard chain

- 22/16 half link

Edited by niconj

1 hour ago, Paperclip said:

It's meant to take 362. I will confirm soon as mine arrives :) 

Hi Nico

Yes absolutely chain stay are very short it makes the bike very nervous but it goes from 350 to 356

Regards

Thibaut

Also:

Edited by niconj

• 2 weeks later...

After almost getting a Marino Archive (sorry for waisting your time Ross), I've got a like new Console frame in green which I will be building up in no time. It's not an Arcade but I don't care about the dropouts so much and knowing me, I'll get a new frame in half a year anyways.

For those of you interested in the Silex frame. I just got an email from the TMS guys who told me that for 90€ you can choose your own color, or at least a different color. This one is called Lucifer.

lucifer1.jpg.d19ec2f0fe3fbd33c2f4660eabaf4256.jpg

Edited by niconj

I've talked with a guy on instagram and he told me that the arcade rides very different from the console. 

I find it really hard to believe as the geo is, apart from the headtube angle, the same. 

What do you guys think? 

19 minutes ago, Dman said:

That's a combo.

Combo? He said that he had been running the bikes back and forth and noticed it... 

How much heavier can or be? From what I can see, it's only the dropouts that are different. 

22 hours ago, niconj said:

Combo? He said that he had been running the bikes back and forth and noticed it... 

How much heavier can or be? From what I can see, it's only the dropouts that are different. 

That's a tms combo not a silex (red bike you posted).

Noticed what?

It's about 200g difference.

I know it's not the Silex, they just send me a sample pic of the color. 

Edit: Oh... Just got it. Yeah it's a combo. 

He said he noticed a considerable difference in how the two bikes ride. 

Edited by niconj

After having solved the bottom bracket issue on my Console I went out today to see how it rides. I remember @Ali C saying that a pogo stick bike for a beginner is like cheating as it makes things way easier. I kinda feel like this about the Console. Even though the bike is 1kg heavier than my 4play it feels a lot lighter. It bunny hops incredibly well and it's also a lot easier to stay on the rear when jumping onto a wall. It makes rolling onto a wall easier too and bunny hops to front as well. This must be placebo!

When rolling down some stairs I nearly fell over the bars as my weight is a lot further over the front than I thought. The same thing happened on the first couple of 180° pivots. Needles to say that I'm totally stoked.

Edited by niconj
  • Like 2