4 finger blades feel soft?

DYAKOV

Hi all,
I was just wondering if the 4 finger blades normally feel a bit softer or is it my bad luck again?
I've tried having them on 2-3 different brakes (hs33's) and it always feels softer than the standard magura or echo cnc'd ones.
However, this time I'm having all the good bits, so it's not a dodgy setup and it still feels like the brake has air in it, although I just bled it...
Is there anything I'm missing?

4 hours ago, LEON said:

More leverage will your flex frame or fork more than a short blade. I prefer short levers and firm brakes.

Yeah same here. It's an old monty frame with an integrated booster and I put on a wee echo 2 bolt booster as well, so shouldn't be the frame but that makes sense mate. I'll try to give it another bleed just in case and see how I get on...

Longer levers will always feel spongier. The extra leverage causes more flex.  Still good to check everything and make sure it is a solid setup. Personally I always run a 4 bolt booster with longer lever blades.

19 hours ago, Dave Anscombe said:

Check list 

Good water bleed 

make sure pads are clean and square 

brake booster

This will give you a solid brake ,Out of curiosity what pads are you using ? 

I've always had water bled brakes and I've noticed they feel a lot firmer and more responsive as well! My perfect setup is with echo/zoo/adamant (dengura) cnc blades but nobody seems to have them any more...

Anyway, I'm running adm's in tnn backings. Will cut them a bit as they are worn a bit uneven, hope that helps.

It's a sad time, but all the new levers feel like mushy shite compared to an old hs33...which hit like a rock and doesn't move, granted the new levers are much more powerful and you don't have to squeeze as hard...

• Like 1