Marino Vader

Ross McArthur

Reminds me of the Marco Hosel bike from his knock on wood edit only without suspension, a rubber belt and 24". 

I like this a lot but the crank and bash set up looks super out of proportion to my eyes. I especially like the longer head tube/ 0 spacers. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

Reminds me of the Marco Hosel bike from his knock on wood edit only without suspension, a rubber belt and 24". 

I like this a lot but the crank and bash set up looks super out of proportion to my eyes. I especially like the longer head tube/ 0 spacers. 

No idea what that first part is about. Ill have to check it out.

Yea, I did wonder if the bash would look a bit big, and I think it does but these 4 bolt bashes look big on any bike I m o. I was going to go with my trial tech SL cranks and a smaller rear cog to keep it more compy looking but the lack of blackness on the cranks put me off. I wanted to try some blingy carbon cranks anyway. (See Alis vlog "I don't use my bash anyway).

It was always going to look different no matter the set up, with the longness and the seatness and the barness angleness. The zero spacers/missing headset dust cover is actually because my steerer is just the right length* to get a couple of turns on the top cap.

Ill fire out a couple of updated pics soon with the measuring tape in place. I've already went for a shorter stem...

*too short.

EDIT: For the record I think I made the seat tube too high, worried that the saddle would touch the tyre. So may have to hack an inch off it and run a seat clamp. Ill see. The saddle itself doesn't help matters.

Edited by Ross McArthur

47 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

the crank and bash set up looks super out of proportion to my eyes.

thought the same thing.

wasn't there a german poster who had appr. the same design by marino? family guy or something. but his might have been 20".

Edited by jeff costello
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom2015 said:

Not riding the Echo 24" anymore? 

My DD echo done me well. It had a crack just under the headtube (not at the end of the down tube gusset where they usually go) I rode it in a show till it was like a wet noodle and had about an inch left hanging on on the tube. eek. I may or may not have bought another..........

18 hours ago, DeersSlayer said:

That looks great! Nice pics too.

How high is the BB? (it looks high in the pics) How long is the wheel base? What size are the brake discs?

Rear 180 on a M810 and front 200 on a deore. Both work great (Y)

11 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

Geo?

Soon.

• Like 1

Great responses Ross, I wasn't calling this out as it is something that I would like to see progress from you and become an off the shelf item in the future from Marino. 

I would be keen on seeing this with the shorter seat tube, you can get a seat post that self clamps so you could cut it close down and run a sleek look. 

I can live with your cranks it was just my personal opinion, you know my setup more than most. 

This is thing ticks a whole load'a boxes! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JJ Leigh said:

Carbon cranks? brave man! Looks smart dude I like it

Ill see how they go. Might be risking my life. Time will tell.

Cheers, once I've made some changes to it, like the seat and post, ill fire up some updated pics. Might even wash the rear wheel!

4 hours ago, trialsinfrank said:

my prayers answered! I wish more pogoey bikes were quiet, it's such a pleasure to watch people ride flicky bikes without the noise. 

now about those full length videos.......

There's still some clicking noise coming from the pads rocking in the calliper so have to get that seen to.

Ill also have to get out and try some decent lines on it and get them filmed. (Y)

• Like 1