longer levers with offset bodies...

ogre

i've got big hands, and i like my brake levers to be very inbound, i also prefer my bars cut down. currently i'm limited to have my bars a minimum width cause i can't run my levers closer to the stem etc. why do the lever bodies not angle inwards so the moment is further away from the hand so the lever blade finishes it's arc closer to the lever body but while providing the leverage of a longer lever? or am i just strange?

I suffer from longfinger too, a lot of modern trialsy levers feel horrible to me, the pivot point seems to be out as far as possible so the blade arcs inwards and away from your hand. Hated my Racingline lever, felt a Trialtech and didn't like it either. The shape of the 2011 hs33 wasn't bad but it was made of feces, the 2014 one felt average, but again it was made of feces. Avid have got the right idea, although they do look horrible, they feel nicer than just about anything else, except a 98-04 hs33.

• Like 2

I have just got a set of the new triatechs and I love the feel of them . Like you I have big old hands , but them trialtech's They have a well long reach on them . Before that I had some cnc style lever ( RB I think they was called ) on 98 Maguras which was ok but I was finding  the bit point was better over a normal lever but still not what I was looking for .Might be worth a look in to some trialtech's