I might even ride this one...

Luke Rainbird

14 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Cheers John. Has he stuck a disc mount on a Hex for you? I'd love a DD Hex, but have always been put off by the expense of heat treating etc - as much as I've had hairline cracks welded without treating before I'm not sure whether a disc mount would be a little much.

Edit; They're 7005. I seem to recall that being a little less critical with heat treating, but may well be completely wrong on that. You've started naughty thoughts in my mind, Shrewsbury, and not just the usual ones...

This is the hex I had josh weld a mount and inner brace plus carbon wrapped it. Still got the frame so I'll get some more closer pictures. It worked great for couple of years plus I dont think it ever cracked.

IMG_5891.JPG

• Like 3

On 31/01/2018 at 4:46 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

Yeah, the MT7s won't be going anywhere, even if the Hex does. They'll be headed for my MTB instead :P

Still not sorted a set of Magura clamps, but that's about all that's stopping me rolling about on this now. Anyone got a set hanging about?

Edit; What are you doing on TF anyway; shouldn't you be off spamming Faceache groups with the copious amounts of spambot links you seem to be loving lately?

i have no idea what your on about, i only provide useless and well informed links to deals for fellow cyclists 

• 5 months later...

Took me a few goes to figure that one out.

Your best bet would be to get in touch with Josh and ask (Y)

Given the thread has had a 5 month bump I may as well update it.

I finally got around to getting the bike up and running properly this week after the drivetrain being a bit of a mess. Annoyingly the first sprocket I ordered arrived and was 1/8" so didn't work with the existing setup which was all 3/32". Threw on a new chain and spaced out the Rohloff so all good now.

Still haven't bled the MT7s or ridden the thing though.