Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davetrials

Urban free ride lives in vienna

27 posts in this topic

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's like a talented Justin Bieber 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These stairwell jumps though... :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find his videos somewhat irritating for some reason... The annoying little cheesy expressions, the weird horse thing in this one, the pointlessness of some of the clown moves etc. Just not for me.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He's pretty young and has just been taken on by red bull, i don't mind adding a bit of humour to the videos, it breaks them up, maybe as angry 30 year old trials riders were so used to videos that don't have a massive amount of bants involved i them.

 

Edited by Davetrials
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone ever watched the narrated Manifesto DVD? Ryan says that there was a bunch of footage he had of him and his friends "being all goofy" that he decided not to use, as although he found it funny, not everyone may share the same sentiment. I find the same to be true of this. That Red Bull can segment wasn't executed that well, not as well as Danny going OTB in Ashton's Fort William DH run video.

Its Euro Trash. Good riding but I think more effort could have been made to make it look less like a vlog episode. Take April 09 for example. The 360 stair drop through the tunnel and the double drop at the end, the boys made sure there wasn't anyone standing watching as they filmed the shot, which I think really works. In addition to that I think it was a good addition to have people running to the edge to check out what had just went down. Stacks of people standing with mobiles shot in portrait as he does a line...Meh. Maybe there's been a shift in the way of thinking? Lots of people looking at his bike, his Sick T-shirt, his Red Bull helmet, its all "exposure"?

I'm sure the kids lap it up. They seem to in Ali's vlogs!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davetrials said:

He's pretty young and has just been taken on by red bull, i don't mind adding a bit of humour to the videos, it breaks them up, maybe as angry 30 year old trials riders were so used to videos that don't have a massive amount of bants involved i them.

He's been taken on by Red Bull at least in part because he and his dad(?) have made it their entire life goal for the past 3 or so years to make that happen. Kinda fair play to that but at the same time it was all a bit forced before and that still seems to be the case even now he's been picked up. 

39 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Anyone ever watched the narrated Manifesto DVD? Ryan says that there was a bunch of footage he had of him and his friends "being all goofy" that he decided not to use, as although he found it funny, not everyone may share the same sentiment. I find the same to be true of this. That Red Bull can segment wasn't executed that well, not as well as Danny going OTB in Ashton's Fort William DH run video.

Its Euro Trash. Good riding but I think more effort could have been made to make it look less like a vlog episode. Take April 09 for example. The 360 stair drop through the tunnel and the double drop at the end, the boys made sure there wasn't anyone standing watching as they filmed the shot, which I think really works. In addition to that I think it was a good addition to have people running to the edge to check out what had just went down. Stacks of people standing with mobiles shot in portrait as he does a line...Meh. Maybe there's been a shift in the way of thinking? Lots of people looking at his bike, his Sick T-shirt, his Red Bull helmet, its all "exposure"?

I'm sure the kids lap it up. They seem to in Ali's vlogs!

I hadn't picked up on the attention to detail side of things but you're right. It's very professionally made but the random people watching and in shot does detract from it. As does the complete pointlessness of Fabio making his way across Vienna to watch volleyball... 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

He's been taken on by Red Bull at least in part because he and his dad(?) have made it their entire life goal for the past 3 or so years to make that happen. Kinda fair play to that but at the same time it was all a bit forced before and that still seems to be the case even now he's been picked up. 

I hadn't picked up on the attention to detail side of things but you're right. It's very professionally made but the random people watching and in shot does detract from it. As does the complete pointlessness of Fabio making his way across Vienna to watch volleyball... 

What makes something "professionally made"? Some dude with a 4K camera, steady cam set up and a Story to go along with it? Joe blogs can do that these days, doesn't make it good.

If he was in a rush to catch the Volleyball, why did he stop for a nap? Don't answer that.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

If he was in a rush to catch the Volleyball, why did he stop for a nap? Don't answer that.

Crashed from his last can of redbull 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, I didn't get the horse bit at all. Other things that annoyed me were the horse like gum chewing, the can that we hear hit the floor before the shot of it going into the bin  and the jumping into water for no purpose. 

Riding's good but now it's been brought up I would like to see some more April 09 style videos that are just amazing showcases of great riding - or the follow up video where he's kicked out of the stadium by security, fined for littering and also fined for leaving a van in moving traffic. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

Aye, I didn't get the horse bit at all. Other things that annoyed me were the horse like gum chewing, the can that we hear hit the floor before the shot of it going into the bin  and the jumping into water for no purpose. 

Riding's good but now it's been brought up I would like to see some more April 09 style videos that are just amazing showcases of great riding - or the follow up video where he's kicked out of the stadium by security, fined for littering and also fined for leaving a van in moving traffic. 

I'm taking a guess at that he did that because he had to link the shot of him riding up the pole from the pontoon to shore with something because he had fallen in and got wet on the first few attempts? It'd almost be more silly just having a shot of him coming up the pole soaking wet...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i liked the salzburg video a little better. i enjoy watching the riding, but the only reason i watch his videos is because they are shot in places i know very well. when i lived in vienna, i used to go running (at night) in the park with the ball shaped trees and the asian tourists.

i really hate hate his jokes and product placements (but i'm a grumpy old man as well)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeff costello said:

i liked the salzburg video a little better. i enjoy watching the riding, but the only reason i watch his videos is because they are shot in places i know very well. when i lived in vienna, i used to go running (at night) in the park with the ball shaped trees and the asian tourists.

i really hate hate his jokes and product placements (but i'm a grumpy old man as well)

 

Can just imagine the kind of people who would find him jumping into the water funny would laugh like this.

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bikeperson45 said:

and the jumping into water for no purpose. 

I haven't watched the video, based on the fact I've found nearly all of his content annoying in some way and the spiffing reviews here, but this sort of comment always cracks me up.

It's a video based around doing tricks on a bike. If you're looking for purpose you're in the wrong place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opposite end of the edit spectrum.

 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big balls, skills, but very cheesy, I guess that's the aim these days now there's money involved. Furthermore, why is he wanking in the street at 2.18?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JD™ said:

I haven't watched the video, based on the fact I've found nearly all of his content annoying in some way and the spiffing reviews here, but this sort of comment always cracks me up.

It's a video based around doing tricks on a bike. If you're looking for purpose you're in the wrong place.

 

I'd normally agree but it's all about the context the video makes of him being in a rush, ditching his car and going to a volleyball game, and jumping into a river and climbing back out again won't help with that at all. Same reason the idea of him pulling over for a nap doesn't work. It was a massive huck down those steps so I would have included it, I'd have framed it so that it was necessary and he swims to the other side of the river, or just go for some classic slapstick and a beep as he realises he can't slow down in time and goes crashing in - at least those ideas would work with the story the videos given itself.

Like I said, if it's just a riding showcase thing then cool, but if you're going to try and give it a 'story' at least stick to it.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My favorite line

20170801_231724.jpg

Edited by Guillermo M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guillermo M. said:

My favorite line

<a href='https://postimg.org/image/6casctgiz/' target='_blank'><img src='https://s1.postimg.org/xa4pek167/20170801_231724.jpg' border='0' alt='20170801_231724'/>

did you mean this?

20170801_231724.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a bit bored of these slapstick comedy efforts. I liked the last Danny Mac video, I thought that was well done, but this looks like a low rate immitation.

More excited about hearing that Akrigg has a new video out tomorrow...

(PS that Brandon Semenuk video was disgusting)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you really didn't like that vid?, its part of a series called raw 100.

stoked for a Akrigg video, exciting times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read it as disgusting as in 'nae bad', Dave, but may well be wrong.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that Semenuk vid is ridiculous, I'm up for seeing the street trials equivalent.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Davetrials said:

you really didn't like that vid?, its part of a series called raw 100.

By disgusting I meant 'nae bad' ; )

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.