holding front brake?

craigblight

as weather not been great here i have been watching alot of trials videos on youtube to get ideas on bits for my back garden course and watching how people ride. now i have noticed alot of people dont hold their front brake while on back wheel for side hops, gaps or drops. when i rode 13 years ago we would always lock the front brake to. is there any benifit to letting front wheel spin free or is it just down to how that rider rides??????

9 hours ago, craigblight said:

as weather not been great here i have been watching alot of trials videos on youtube to get ideas on bits for my back garden course and watching how people ride. now i have noticed alot of people dont hold their front brake while on back wheel for side hops, gaps or drops. when i rode 13 years ago we would always lock the front brake to. is there any benifit to letting front wheel spin free or is it just down to how that rider rides??????

Just how the rider rides. Some people prefer having a full hand on the bars, some cover it, some pull it locked. Don't think it has any noticeable effect on the bike itself.