Foot position?

Herbertlemon102

Tilts, Ben and zach pointed something out that I, maybe stupidly, haven't even considered before. My pedals rest on the dead centre of my sole (see picture) whereas they say that it should be more towards my toes to get utilise the ankle movement more. I watched some videos and pretty much everyone's is more at the toes. I've included a video, I don't think it hinders my ability as such, what are people's thoughts on it? 

IMG_6934.JPG

• Like 1

Have you got big feet? I have mine in about the same place, if I have the pedals closer to the toes then on drops and stuff it puts a lot of strain on my ankles, although it definitely feels better towards the ball of the foot.

A 13 year old photo, but relevant, never really noticed.

DSCF0013.JPG

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2

a lot of personal preference i reckon. I've tried to teach myself to ride nearer my toes as it makes me feel more springy for static moves, less confidence in staying on the pedals though, and i found im more anal about what shoes im confortable with riding in, (stiffer sole) that when i ran more central, anything vaguely flat felt ok. 

• Like 1

I don't even know what I do, I think my pedals are a bit further forward too, but I think sometimes it'd be nicer to have them a bit further back.
But my ankles are not that great anyways since I, err, failed too many 180s and kept smashing them on the cranks. Thought thinking about it that actually only accounts for one of them..

Other than that.. Your shoes look a bit f*cked :P

Edit: checking my instagram I appear to be standing on my pedals about the same as you.

Edited by Topsy
  • Like 1

I always keep my pedal axles a little behind the balls of my feel, but it's mostly a holdover from my cross country MTB days when it was standard practice to mount your clipless pedal clips there to get the most efficient power stroke. Probably makes less sense for trials. As long as you are comfortable and feel like you have good control, I wouldn't second doubt yourself.

Edited by ProfPoopyPants
  • Like 1