Arcade Pro or Fourplay Pro?

CroTrials1

I've been riding bmx for some time and want to get into street trials...

Whatever bike I get I'll probably take the MT7 brakes since I've read somewhere that the Hope have a mushy feeling and are not really responsive

But can anyone pinpoint the differences between the Inspired Arcade Pro and the Inspired Fourplay Pro?

Looking forward to a reply

Personally speaking I have the hopes on my Fourplay, I can't complain at them so unsure about the review you read on them. I haven't ridden an arcade but understand it is basically a big bmx, might find this is more you style but don't discount the Fourplay. I opted for the Fourplay over the arcade in the end purely over weight as the arcade was about 1kg heavier.  Both bikes are good responsive solid bikes though.

I'd go arcade if from a bmx background, the extra weight won't be noticeable. I'd say get mt5 brakes or even mt4, cheap as chips and more than up to the job and the levers don't go all floppy on you. Hopes are good setup right, but dot fluid seems to go bad easy imo then the brakes go crap. The geometry are the differences in the bikes, best look at tartybikes for that, and the materials they are made from, arcade is steel, fourplay aluminium.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

had the same pair of hope trials for 6 years, serviced them 2ce in that time and they're still working just fine :) so i wouldn't worry unless you just wanna burn money... call tarty and ask for some guidance or go try and ride them at an event or a big group ride. 

If you come from a BMX background and want a slightly more BMX-influenced bike then it's the Arcade.  It's got a steeper head angle and slightly higher BB to make it a bit more nimble/agile like a BMX, but still has decent trialsy geo too.  The Fourplay is a bit more trials-orientated so it's slightly slackened off in comparison.  

Similar deal with the spec too, hence the steel tubing on the Arcade, BMX-style cranks, horizontal dropouts and all that sorta stuff.

For brakes, Hopes work fine.  Don't feel quite as nice at the lever or as powerful to Maguras to me, but the relative lack of spares for Maguras mean that if anything goes wrong you're going to be having to replace either a whole brake or a whole lever, rather than just replacing a specific part of the brakes.

• Like 1

On 13. 09. 2017. at 7:30 PM, Daviesdt said:

Personally speaking I have the hopes on my Fourplay, I can't complain at them so unsure about the review you read on them. I haven't ridden an arcade but understand it is basically a big bmx, might find this is more you style but don't discount the Fourplay. I opted for the Fourplay over the arcade in the end purely over weight as the arcade was about 1kg heavier.  Both bikes are good responsive solid bikes though.

On 14. 09. 2017. at 0:37 AM, Dman said:

I'd go arcade if from a bmx background, the extra weight won't be noticeable. I'd say get mt5 brakes or even mt4, cheap as chips and more than up to the job and the levers don't go all floppy on you. Hopes are good setup right, but dot fluid seems to go bad easy imo then the brakes go crap. The geometry are the differences in the bikes, best look at tartybikes for that, and the materials they are made from, arcade is steel, fourplay aluminium.

Hope this helps.

On 14. 09. 2017. at 1:21 PM, ogre said:

had the same pair of hope trials for 6 years, serviced them 2ce in that time and they're still working just fine :) so i wouldn't worry unless you just wanna burn money... call tarty and ask for some guidance or go try and ride them at an event or a big group ride. 

On 14. 09. 2017. at 3:06 PM, Mark W said:

If you come from a BMX background and want a slightly more BMX-influenced bike then it's the Arcade.  It's got a steeper head angle and slightly higher BB to make it a bit more nimble/agile like a BMX, but still has decent trialsy geo too.  The Fourplay is a bit more trials-orientated so it's slightly slackened off in comparison.  

Similar deal with the spec too, hence the steel tubing on the Arcade, BMX-style cranks, horizontal dropouts and all that sorta stuff.

For brakes, Hopes work fine.  Don't feel quite as nice at the lever or as powerful to Maguras to me, but the relative lack of spares for Maguras mean that if anything goes wrong you're going to be having to replace either a whole brake or a whole lever, rather than just replacing a specific part of the brakes.

23 hours ago, craigblight said:

i rode bmx and gone back to trials i got a onza t-pro mod and changed bars and stem so felt bit more bmx like. i ride alot of street and ride it like a bmx. here a pic 

20170731_191610.jpg

Thank you all for the replies

I will definitely go for the Arcade Pro and the Maguras since the price difference isn't that big from the Hopes

I was looking at the TartyBikes website but i can't select the Magura brake upgrade, just the Hopes

Sent the question there so hoping for a reply

Btw are there any significant differences between the 2016 and 2017 model?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm also torn between these two, I've been riding 20" trials bikes for years and I'm wanting a 24 for some more street orientated stuff and skateparks, should I go for the fourplay as I've been riding aluminium bikes for years or the arcade since I'm looking at doing tricks and street? Also would the team bike be worth the extra 500/600 or should I just upgrade the brakes and wheels when I need them? Any replies appreciated!