Visiting the Peak District

MadManMike

Unless my new car turns up, I'll be in the automatic Golf, so this definitely isn't a driving holiday lol.

We're staying in Buxton, found a nice spa hotel for £185 for 3 nights.

Cheers for the tips, we'll check those places out - it's mostly a photography, food and beer trip really, just some time away :)

11 hours ago, Ben Swales said:

When are you going, Mike? I'll put together a list of decent Peaks pubs, places and walks at some point soon, but not got time at the moment. Dan's right though - it's ace!

I would be interested in your list too Ben.

9 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Buxton is rad, if your bored one evening head to Matlock/Matlock bath too. Especially on  Sunday if you have the chance it's like motorbike city.

Weird, I was there today. Fun little place is Matlock bath, it's essentially a seaside with absolutely no sea near it... 20 fish and chip shops, amusements, tearooms, seagulls?! bikes everywhere. Tis odd but a good trip out. We went up "the heights of abraham" which is a nice way to spend £30

Just now, Tom Booth said:

No way, I thought you lived Leeds area! Probably see you around then dumpling x

You're right mate Yeah, I moved here a year ago for work though. Where abouts are you living? I remember my trip down with matty to pick up the spoiler and believe it was around here somewhere? Was a while ago that.

8 hours ago, dann2707 said:

You're right mate Yeah, I moved here a year ago for work though. Where abouts are you living? I remember my trip down with matty to pick up the spoiler and believe it was around here somewhere? Was a while ago that.

I'm just outside of Mansfield next to Teversal.

I'm feeling a TF car meet up't noooooorth coming on.

Eyam. Plague village. 

Hathersage. Cool rocks and stuff. 

Mam Tor. Nice leisurely ish walk. Usually a million paragliders flying about. 

Monsal trail. Hire a bike(take a bike) and walk/cycle the Monsal trail. 

Bakewell tart in bakewell. It's a must. 

Just a few alternative suggestions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why I didn't get a notification about  this! 

Loads of good potatography for you round here Mike, if you head to Hathersage for Stanage Edge rocks then Padley Gorge is a no brainer to walk down. Park at the top, walk down to Grindleford Station, biggest plate of chips, egg, beans, sausage, etc...... in the world ever then walk it off back up. Andrew Chai had some good shots on his bike there the other week! Brilliant dairy farm that makes and sells its own ice cream on way back out from Hathersage, usual Castleton, Mam Tor, Jacobs Ladder malarky... 

You'll be knackered at the end of your relaxed weekend!