Thinking of getting the Fourplay PRO

Potatoseus

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the Fourplay PRO with SRAM brakes for 1699€. I have been doing trial on my cheap mountain bike for now, so this would be my first trial bike. Is it of good enough quality to be able to do some awesome MacAskill level tricks? :)

What I worry about are the SRAM DB5 brakes, has anyone had any experience with these? I would probably upgrade them later on to something high end. Hope tech3 or Magura MT7, or are there any better? I could also get the bike with these installed for 1899€ but I would have to wait for another two months :angry:. How much would it cost me to get high end brakes (and pads and rotors if necessary?) later on?

Thank you everyone!

I've got the Fourplay "Fuse" which is basically the same with Avid BB5 cable disk brakes. It's soooooooooooooo nice. The Avid BB5's work so well I don't feel the need to upgrade yet.

http://www.spherebike.com/index.php/en/grid-products/inspired-fourplay-fuse-24-bike-silver-avid-bb5-detail

Only down side is they definitely "feel" like cable brakes but they have plenty of stopping power. Never had the back wheel slip out.

You're getting quite a lot of 'extras' for the €200 between the two bikes - the Fuse has the older style frame and fork whereas the Pro should theoretically be the latest version (tapered head tube, 15mm front through axle, etc...).  The Fuse is by no means a bad bike, but if you can stretch to that €200 difference you'll get quite a bit more bang for your buck.

EDIT:  To go back to the original question though, the Fourplays are nice and tough.  They can go through a lot!  Just check out Fabio Wibmer and Duncan Shaw's riding to see what they can handle.  The spec on the Pro is pretty good across the board too so you shouldn't have any problems.

Don't listen to Mark he knows nothing about Inspired's. I lie. 

A friend just got a Foreplay and although it's different to what I am used to I got straight onto it and enjoyed it a lot. A little to much maybe, I would destroy my knee on the stem and cry like a bitc... 

Personally though I would pay and upgrade to the Hope brakes like my friend has. They not only look better but feel perfect on the bike and give him a little more confidence. Also to credit the Tarty staff, Inspired or Hope they've routed the hose of the Hope to be less vulnerable which gains somebody a  (Y)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paperclip said:

A friend just got a Foreplay and although it's different to what I am used to I got straight onto it and enjoyed it a lot. A little to much maybe, I would destroy my knee on the stem and cry like a bitc...

I thought it was only me that had this issue, my left knee ends up black after every ride.