Household Energy

Luke Rainbird

• 4 weeks later...

£50? The hyperlink in your post literally says 15, so I assume you've got something extra up your sleeve? :P

71h55vE.png

Not that I've looked and I assume there's something written in to stop it, but I wonder if it'd be possible to keep switching between them, collecting the bounty then moving on. If you had half a dozen companies you could make it cyclic with a few friends and all profit. Wishful thinking I expect - probably a minimum time period in there.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

So yeah, have been with Bulb for 12 months now and very happy with the service which they've given us. 

Even more happy that they're running a double-bonus again for the next week, so if anyone is considering switching suppliers take a look at them - if they do work out favourable for you do us a favour and use our link?

bulb.co.uk/refer/luke4461

• 2 years later...

Anyone else been messed up by the current domino effect of companies going out of business? We had just moved to PFP a couple of months ago (on a variable rate) but they've now gone bust and we've been automatically moved over to British Gas just as prices are sky rocketing and giving me not many options. 

Shit the bed - I had no idea this was happening. I’ve not paid much attention to the news for some time (biggest lasting COVID life change) but as it turns out Bulb could go down the pan too! We’ve been with them for ages and they are a pretty big supplier.

6th largest in the UK apparently! We're with Bulb too, but given all the guarantees and safeguards in place not too concerned to be honest. If they go under then the contract is taken over by someone else, all credit is kept, and the tariff likely to stay for a grandfathered period too so a bit of time to figure out the next best option (potentially Octopus at the mo, according to a few sources)

2 hours ago, ben_travis said:

Same here, we've been switched to BG from Peoples energy, but just waiting to see what happens with my tariff.

I'm going to assume that BG will be bending me over and inserting something large in somewhere I don't want it.

I didn't know Bill Gates was into that sort of stuff but now I'm intrigued 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ben_travis said:

Same here, we've been switched to BG from Peoples energy, but just waiting to see what happens with my tariff.

I'm going to assume that BG will be bending me over and inserting something large in somewhere I don't want it.

It's not as bad as you might think: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2021/09/energy-firm-gone-bust--how-your-new-firm-and-tariff-stacks-up/

Considering there are currently no cheap deals and we're all f**ked I don't think it's too ridiculous. Having said that I haven't seen the actual kWh rates etc. yet so it may still be an unpleasant surprise!

• Like 1

Interestingly - bulb just increased our monthly payment by £30. Prices go up on the 1st but by around £3 a week (apparently) and nothing else has changed. Call me a cynical old git but they seem to be raising some credit by being shits. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was with PFP until they went under. Currently with BG and have been officially for a couple of months now I guess. Still no bill and they've yet to accept an electricity initial reading or any reading since so f**k knows what's going on. Going to get a nice big bill eventually I guess...