Being indecisive. 20, 26 or Street

Culshaw95

I've reached a point where i'm not really sure what to do with my trials bike. 4 years ago I build up a Onza Limey 3 which was a pretty good TGS bike which i felt most comfortable with which then i started working and

things went down hill from there.

10670132_815492521805225_3766550852352624863_n.jpg.b116b1f7d5e16786a94d91ec5f366bb7.jpg

I could finally afford decent parts and started changing my bike quite drastically. I ended up getting an Echo frame and changing my whole stem geo and pretty much everything which it did work but I then lost confidence in power moves and became a little more technical. After a while I started building a Breath Yes 20" which actually was quite a fun bike to ride and found myself doing more and later neglecting my 26". I then sold my 20" like an idiot and kept my 26" because Thats the bike I put the most time and money into.

10848529_904004166287393_7322780697189569534_o.thumb.jpg.13a3f5680ebdabe0991b962e9fe20ed1.jpg

Time went on again and i got a ZOO! to try and recreate the Limey and again then messed up my geometry thinking I had it all sussed out and then the crewkerz stem and clean carbon bars came about and thought i'd get on that hype and that has now really thrown me off thinking if its good enough from top riders maybe i'll get use to it. Basically what i'm saying is I'm thinking of selling my trials bike and starting fresh which i'm not sure it's a good idea or not and didn't know whether to look at a 26" street trials for maybe slight more variety in riding. Last time i rode street was back when i started trials which i had a Onza Zoot which didn't go too well but was a first introduction to trials. 

20597513_1541756859178784_5648269155108377471_n.jpg.aea85e5197e811da84220d74ebc302d8.jpg

Video to show riding on 26 and 20

• Like 1

Personally, I think you are chopping and changing to much to really get anywhere in terms of development, this is speaking from experience as I have had 3 bikes now in 3 years and decided to stop now as found a bike a really like and just going to learn to ride that properly. It sounds like you might be bored with tgs hence playing with the set up and trying to get more out of it? Dunno, might wrong. Think if you can afford a street trials then just get one and see what you think, then pick a bike you prefer riding, stick with it and get shut of the rest. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

I think my issue is I get bored very easily and make too many bike projects which currently i've built up 3 other bikes in the past 2 years a Ti Cyclocross, full sus and old school mtb.... Safe to say I enjoy building things from scratch but of course never the cheapest thing to do. I think what i may do is just sell my bike and start from scratch with either an Echo 20" or 26" and set aside the street thought as i'm not 100% sure if i'd get on with it 

• 1 month later...

I'm in this exact boat. I'm 35 and have ridden for over a decade. I started on stock then moved to mod. Rode mod better than stock but my back gave out. Now i'm really struggling with deciding to move back to stock or get something like a Marino or different 24" secondhand.

I always rode natural and really enjoyed it due to my local spot being quite good but 24" just seems more chilled and easy going.

Really torn at the moment so completely understand where you're coming from.