Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Culshaw95

Cranksets for street trials

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've recently just got myself a 2011 inspired hex frame but i'm not 100% sure on what crankset to get for. I've been looking at the Sram GX Eagle Chainset which seemed promising and then thinking of getting the inspired bashring/chainring but i've now not heard great things about them. What are people using and whats the best combinations? 

Whatever crankset you want with a bash and chainring. Simple. I run inspired v2 bash, middleburn chainring, on race face turbine cranks, which are awesome.

1 person likes this

I wasn't sure if there was any cranks I should avoid like if I would have any clearance issues and I've heard hopes flex quite a bit but may look into the raceface ones as I've heard good things on the mtb side 

Not sure on hex fitments, some don't fit on arcades.

I’ve got the green hex with Maggie mounts and run Shimano SLX cranks and an OG 1999 threshold bashguard- had to do a little filing to get it to be perfect, but they are the greatest cranks I’ve ever run.. I think they were $110 usd new, I’ve never felt anything stiffer. My pogo has ffw isis cranks, they are noodles compared.

ali c said some sram? Cheap cranks are awesome, a quick search here should show which ones he likes now. He bent his slx , but he’s doing 13 ft drops in demos on the regular.. I don’t exactly put that power down.

Can confirm slx is a good crank if you can get them to fit

i did a 9ft drop at 17st and had 70psi

I was looking at sram but i'm afraid of committing to the Integrated bashguard for £65... I've been looking at raceface recently mainly because i've recently had news of getting 25% off pretty much everything at Tredz which is only gonna make me spend more money... but at least it's making the build cheaper to do especially with getting brakes sorted  

I’m surprised trials riders haven’t tried a taco chain device instead of bash rings . I’ve got race face atlas cranks on my dh bike they’re bombproof 

It's probably because with trials you use a lot smaller chainrings so they'll look unnecessarily bulky and most of them require an iscg. You can't really downsize them either so it would then force you to use a larger chainring which defeats the object of a compact out the way system.  Interesting idea but a bash ring is a more tidier system 

1 person likes this