Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davetrials

Wife/girlfriend inspiration gift ideas

23 posts in this topic

Its been a while, but Tf used to be a fantastic source of information so i'm hoping all the old guys still lingering around can help out. 

what are you getting your loved ones for xmas, i'm in a rut.

Great topic, even greater the fact it’s not been created until the 21st.

I’ve booked a cottage on air bnb for us to go away to near Sooke BC. It’s for mid January when there’s a new moon, hoping for a clear night to see the stars on the beach with no light pollution. 

Few other bits like choccies, wine, bath things and probably book a day on the mountain for us to go skiing too.

2 people like this

This is basically the last act of a desperate man haha 

8 hours ago, Duncy H said:

Great topic, even greater the fact it’s not been created until the 21st.

:lol:

Semi-related to Adam's post, what the f**k is going on?  Everything seems to be all about how much women love gin now, and supermarkets are full of pug-related Christmas decorations.  When was there some cultural decision that people love gin and pugs now (not necessarily in that order, or in conjunction with one another)?  Who the f**k buys a beanie with "BAH HUM PUG" on it?

1 person likes this

:lol::lol: Agreed.

I did buy Jane a bottle of that gin though. It's pretty cool!

Yeah, no beef with gin per se (apart from me not being able to drink it any more after my brother's stag do), it's just weird how it's now "the" drink now.  Memes all over the place...

1 person likes this

Gin’s awesome. My favourite thing about gin is that Mrs D doesn’t like it, so there’s more for me. 

We agreed this year not to get anything for each other, so I’ve bought her a replacement for the super cheap engagement ring I gave her a fair few years ago now. No, I’m not sure why I did it either. The replacement, I mean. 

Edited by JD™
1 person likes this

Good call.

Next year, I think me/my girlfriend/her parents/her brother/his girlfriend are doing some kind of thing where we just do a Secret Santa and have a spending limit, so basically we're all just buying one present.  Kind of on board in one way, kind of not in another - I know her parents reasonably well now, but don't know her brother much and don't know his partner at all, so say I draw her/she draws me, it's kind of just a "£XX of generic Christmas gift set" kinda thing which I don't see the point in.  They've all been asking me this year what I want for Xmas/my birthday and I just don't really want anything, but that's apparently not an acceptable answer.

Dave - go on Groupon, find spa days or similar near you.  Loads of offers on, prices vary from £f**kall to £f**kthat, so you should be able to find something suitable.  She'll enjoy it and you're not just buying some tat that's going to end up in landfill.  It's also worth remembering that while you're buying her a spa experience like that, you're also buying yourself some sweet, precious free time.

A divorce?

Gin = Soap

As in Northerners don’t like it?

Pretty much. 

1 person likes this

Subscription to Glossybox

Absolute winner of a gift

No girlfriend here, but a few general ideas:

I made 5l of Mead for basically for anyone I run into and have the feeling might appreciate a present. Bit late for that now though as it takes around 2 months to ferment.
Recipe here if anyone is interested. Pretty easy to do too. :)

Parents are getting a fountain pen each that I've made.. Or am making. One should be finished tomorrow and luckily my dad is on holidays for a month, so his has time. :lol:
Other than that I've been absolutely clueless this year.

Edited by Topsy

She got me a new CPU for my PC. I mean, I bought it, installed it and used it for a few days and then told her that's what she got me.

I got her a ipod nano because she's been asking for one for f**king 2 years.

I don't get how people can't figure out what to buy there other half? Just go shopping with her once or twice, see what she picks up and when she finally says "It's nice but it's too much", just go back the day after and buy it.

You'll get gratuitous love making for the "Awww you remembered" points, and she's pretty much done all the hard work showing you what she want. Simples!

2 people like this

Wifey wanted a spiralizer so I've bought her a spiralizer recipe book and a 50p potato peeler with 'peeler' scored out and 'spiralizer 'written in biro in its place. Will see how that goes down and eventually whip out the electronic spiralizer after a bit I guess... 

3 people like this

On 12/23/2017 at 8:03 AM, Tom Booth said:

I don't get how people can't figure out what to buy there other half? Just go shopping with her once or twice, see what she picks up and when she finally says "It's nice but it's too much", just go back the day after and buy it.

You'll get gratuitous love making for the "Awww you remembered" points, and she's pretty much done all the hard work showing you what she want. Simples!

Go shopping with her? Are you a mad man? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Go shopping with her? Are you a mad man? 

Going shopping with her and then going back again on your own to buy the things she said were too expensive?!

Sounds like she has you well trained! The f'cking must be top notch indeed.

I wouldn't say well trained, if say whipped personally.

Nah I enjoy going shopping with Jenny, she's not a demanding person or whatever do it's usually nice, she always says everything is too expensive too seeing as she just doesn't spend more then 20 quid in a single transaction :lol:. Anyway I best go to bed, need my stamina for the sex we may or may not  have in about a months time...

2 people like this

On 22/12/2017 at 9:22 PM, JD™ said:

As in Northerners don’t like it?

I like gin, and I'm a two showers a day guy, so I like soap as well. Bought our Maude a Fitbit, and some shiny things. She's happy now