first generation hex

Yorkshire Dale

39 minutes ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Beauty, nice one dude.

How's the clearance with the 'burns? Have been considering popping a set on mine but have heard mixed reviews. With a higher bar/stem that looks like a whole heap of fun :D

from what i can gather clearance is good! i think if u wer running a 22t ring u might struggle though? yea im hoping the oldschool set up works well, cheers dude!

17 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

hey! thats my old frame... i regret getting rid of the seat, its the most comfortable thing ever.... glad to see someone making actual use of it. :D 

was it u that made the mod to the rear end filing the dropouts out? had to improvise to get the wheel to stay still!!

23 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Now that's stem! :P

Looks like there's a bita droop in the chain. Any chance of a link or two being taken out?

whoever had it before the guy that i got it off had filed the dropouts so that u can run 18-14 gearing without a tensioner using a snail cam but i didnt have on so i have used a couple of spacers of an onza zoot frame i have and they seem to have done the trick! the chain is actually ok jus looks funny on the pic! and yea i was looking for an oldskool build and the stem seemed right!